FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

26 Jul 2017

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These


As you are probably aware our house renovations have been ongoing since about October and finally they are finished! Well, not quite, but we are almost there hence why I am writing this post.

A while back I posted an Interior's Wish List and I am proud to say that I stuck to it! I got pretty much everything on my list except for the Faux Sheepskin Rug.. I wasn't allowed that. Say no more, the less said about that the better!

To coincide with the finished bedroom I was contacted by Leesa and was offered the chance to try out The Leesa Matress*. Not one to turn down the possibility of an amazing nights sleep (which is a rarity since the birth of my daughter a few months ago) I kindly accepted.

So, here are my tips for a good nights sleep..

01. Sleep when your baby sleeps
Obviously this advice is only applicable to you new mums/mums to be out there, but even before I got pregnant I wouldn't say no to an afternoon nap, or two..

02. Get comfy
Check! At first I wasn't entirely sure, being so used to a spring mattress and all, but after a couple of days I found my body adjusted. So much so, those night feeds really started to drag. I just wanted to be back in my comfy bed! Plus it was delivered in a box. A BOX! It is worth purchasing just for that novelty alone.

The mattress is designed of 3 foam layers that adjust to my body to offer optimum support and comfort. It also aids in regulating my temperature, and doesn't leave long lasting Jo shaped dips that are difficult to roll out of!

03. Pick up that paintbrush
Along with my new mattress I completely overhauled my bedroom, purchasing some new bedding, and basically just making the room more zen.

04. The perfect pjs
I love these and these.

05. Decaf for me please!
I try not to have any caffeinated drinks past 6 o'clock. I know this sounds later than what is recommended, but looking after a baby is tiring work! This goes for no heavy meals too. I hate eating late as it often means I go to bed feeling really bloated, or just really thirsty. Especially after a particularly salty meal.

06. The big brain dump
I find that by leaving notes on my phone, or writing things down that need doing just before drifting off into the land of nod, really therapeutic.

07. Complete radio silence 
Yep. That means putting your phone on airplane mode and cracking the spine of that novel you have been meaning to read for the past 3 months. I have actually started listening to audio books and podcasts before bed, which are a really nice alternative to the bright lights of the TV screen.

Leesa operate exclusively online. They believe that it is impossible to really try out a mattress in a store for just 5 minutes, so instead offer a 100 night risk free trial period. This means that if it isn’t working out for you at any point in the first 100 nights of receiving the mattress, all you have to do is get in touch with them and arrange for the mattress to be collected and donated to a charitable organisation, whilst offering a full refund.

You can also get £50 off a Leesa mattress by just clicking here.

What are your tips and tricks for a good nights sleep?

Love, Jo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig