FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

24 May 2017

Spring 2017 Boots Haul

Typically my first outing after Phoebe was born was to Boots for a massive pampering haul. After going so long without 5 minutes to myself, and my legs starting to look not dissimilar to a yeti's, I thought it was about time I got my expressing act together and ventured out. 

Here is what I picked up..
L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Cushion Foundation was a complete beauty blogger made me buy it purchase and I love it. It's quite a light coverage but I have found that as I get older I am reaching for the less heavy bases.

I also bought the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and Face Brush.

I loved how my hair was during pregnancy but now I have had to completely rethink the products I use on it. Not only does it get really dry, my roots are the oiliest they have ever been. I was reassured that Bumble & Bumble's Sunday was the perfect clarifying shampoo and would help clear the build up of any products on my hair.

I also got the Garnier Ultimate Blends Maple Healer Shampoo and conditioner. This smells absolutely divine and leaves my hair feeling amazing.

Unfortunately I forgot to mention the postpartum nighttime sweats in my 8 Things They Don't Tell You About Postpartum. For at least the first month I would wakeup drenched. Like,  wet through, bed sheets changed daily drenched. At first I thought it might have been because of the weight I had gained whilst pregnant, but Dr. Google told me it was completely normal. Anyway, I have used Perspirex in the past and it did an amazing job. It is a little bit pricey for a deodorant but definitely worth the expense through its effectiveness!

Another time saving product I thought I would try were these Boots Fast Teeth Whitening Strips. I really like these as they are no fuss and leave my mouth feeling really fresh. I am not quite sure if my teeth are any whiter yet but I'm going to keep using them and see.

I am also finding that my lips are getting so dry, whether it's the change in seasons I don't know, but I needed a lip balm that I could just slather on at night and wake up with super soft lips. I really like this Blistex Intensive Moisturiser even though it turns my lips an attractive shade of white.

Like I have mentioned before I have really dry skin now and barely any time to moisturise after a shower, that is if I'm lucky enough to even get a shower some mornings. This Aveeno Daily Moisturising Yogurt Body Wash is my way of feeling like I'm helping my skin without stressing about spending too much time in the bathroom.

Lastly, I wanted some sheet masks purely because they are so convenient. I mean, I can just whip them off as soon as I am needed. Last time I wore a mask it got so hard it hurt by the time I could get to the bathroom to wash it off! The Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask has been bandied about the bloggersphere for a while now, so I thought I would give it a go.

And still trying to combat that dry skin, I invested in some Soap & Glory Scrub Gloves. These are so much thicker and more substantial than Boots own brand gloves. My 5 second showers are a little bit more luxurious now.

Love, Jo.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've wanted to try the L'Oreal foundation for a while now but still haven't picked it up. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. It has such nice coverage without feeling heavy or cakey. It's perfect for summer because it has an SPF too! x

      Delete
  2. nice haul, i love cushion foundation but haven't tried the loreal one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a total cushion convert! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig