21 May 2017

Post Baby Daily Makeup Routine

Having a baby has meant my daily makeup routine has really had to change. Unfortunately I don't have time to faff about with highlighters, or lip liners on a daily basis. I am lucky if I get a shower before midday most days! My routine has to be swift, concise and more importantly effective. I mean, no one wants to see those panda eyes do they?

After moisturising I start off with priming my skin with Soap & Glory's One Heck Of A Blot. I quite like this primer so far, it is definitely one of the better high street primers.

I then follow that with Bobbi Brown's Nude Finish Tinted Moisturiser in light. I decided to switch from a foundation to a tinted moisturiser just for ease of application. I have also found it also doesn't require as much maintenance as a foundation as it sinks into the skin. Postpartum my skin has also been a lot dryer. I miss my pregnancy glow! I apply this with Real Techniques Stippling Brush. because I feel like I get more of an even coverage.

After moisturising I smile and apply a little bit of Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Pretty Powerful to the apples of my cheeks and blend outwards. Gotta love a multifunctional beauty product, Pot Rouge can also be used on your lips too.

I finish my base with a quick dusting of NARS Pressed Powder in Eden (featured in my Spring Beauty Update) just to keep the shine at bay.

I quickly fill in my eyebrows with Soap & Glory's Archery Brow Tint & Pencil and apply a little bit of clear gel to keep them in place. A quick beauty hack if you don't have any gel is to apply a little bit of hairspray to a spooly and comb through. Ta da!

For my lips (if I have time, or I am going out) I love Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution Lipstick in Amazing Grace. It is the perfect spring shade and so comfortable to wear.

I then sweep a few lashings of Lancome's Hypnose Mascara in an outward/sideways motion just to make me look a bit more awake.. Really I could probably sleep for a week.

What is in your makeup routine at the minute? If you have any time saving star products let me know in the comments below!

Love, Jo.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. That bobby brown tinted moisturiser sounds amazing! I definitely need to try that :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig