FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

17 Mar 2017

Transitional Winter to Spring Nail Colours

Spring is in the air and it is definitely showing with my nail colour choices. Gone are the deep reds (obviously not your classic scarlet red, that's fine all year round!) mauves, and blues of winter and in are your more iridescent colours of Spring. I love this time of year, purely for that reason only. You can pretty much butcher your nail painting and it isn't as obvious as it would be with say a black! Perfect if you are clumsy like I am.

My picks for this Spring are:

  • Nude Pinks - You can never go wrong with a good nude pink and that goes for every season. In the picture I am wearing SensatioNail's Pink Sand with Tanya Burr's Glitter Rain. which I got as part of my advent calendar last year.
  • Lilacs - Every year I look forward to breaking out my lilac and spring is the perfect time to do it.
  • Hints of Glitter - Silver/Pinks - Again another 'colour' that doesn't really change with the seasons but is worth mentioning anyway. I think we can do away with the gold glitter till next Christmas though.
  • Taupe - Or any sort of beige. I just think it looks so understated and elegant this time of year.
  • Light Grey - Possibly more of a winter shade, but we are transitioning here! If you are so used to wearing black, navy or even burgundy red, grey is a nice colour to come back with and isn't so much a shock to the system.
I also love accent nails or even gradient shades. I think they look amazing this time of year. So if you have a growing collection of baby doll pinks don't be afraid to use them all together and see what the end result is.

What have you been wearing on your nails this March?

Love, Jo.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous nails! I love your colour suggestions :D perfect timing as I'm about to go get my nails done and was deciding on a colour haha! Think I'm going to go for lilac :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I love nail inspo too. And sorry for the late reply!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig