20 Mar 2017

The Weekly Edit #53

Unfortunately this week blogging really did have to take a back seat. I just had so much on with finishing work, appointments, and doing more stuff in the house, I couldn't even find the time to scroll through Twitter or Instagram. That's obviously about to change though with maternity leave kicking in.

Anyway, on to my week;

01.  I think the biggest news is that I have finally finished work! I actually didn't think I would last much past 37 weeks, but I did! I now have a week or two (hopefully) before the baby is due to really pamper myself and get everything ready. Like I said last week I am halfway through the washing and we have just put the finishing touches to the nursery.

02.  And by pamper myself the first thing I did was book a hair appointment and do my nails. Priorities, right? Gone is the old blonde ombre for a more darker, mummy look. I just needed something that didn't need as much maintenance. I am sure when I have established a couple of regular babysitters (grandparents) I will be able to get it done more regularly.

03.  I also had a bit of a TV and Netflix binge and got through all of The Replacement in one night, and now I am halfway through The People Vs OJ Simpson. The ending was definitely lacking in The Replacement. I just didn't get the significance of killing Kay.. can anyone else shed some light on that? Plus, kudos for coming up with that airbag escape! I would have never thought of that.. but I don't think I am alone there!

04.  I have done a little bit of shopping too. Luckily I have the most generous work colleagues ever and managed to even get myself a little something too. I fancied a change up of my makeup so I bought Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, and my old favourite Soap & Glory's Archery Brow Tint And Pencil. On the baby front I bought a cot mobile, some nursing sleepwear, a Sleepyhead cover, and a pack of two Chicco Next2Me Fitted Sheets. All very practical.

05.  I had two appointments last week. One was my 36 week midwife appointment, and the other was with a health visitor who comes to your home before and after the baby is born to make sure everything is hunky dory. My midwife appointment went fine. We discussed my birthing plan, which I don't really have, and went through all the usual checks. The baby had other plans though and started to wiggle whilst the heartbeat was being listened to making the reading too fast. We ended up having to wait about 5 minutes for it to calm down! Cheeky! And hopefully not an indication of what's to come! The baby is still measuring on the small side but anything for an easier birth and a below 8lb baby is fine by me!

Anyway, how was your week?


Love, Jo.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig