It has been a while since I did one of these posts. I am afraid I don't change my makeup routine up as often as I would like, hence why these posts are so few and far between. However, I do have a few new bits in my stash that I would quite like to showcase on this occasion.

Base
My base doesn't really change. I switched to Revlon ColorStay Foundation For Combination/Oily Skin because there obviously had to be no choice between clothing a baby and what went on my face. This has always been an old favourite of mine though, and the coverage is just as good as some of those high end brands. I use the shade 'Sand Beige'

I have also been using it with Tanya Burr's Face Illuminator. Colorstay can sometimes look a bit matte, whereas this adds just a touch of luminescence without it looking greasy or shiny.

Blush
I mentioned this palette in my Tanya Burr Haul. I love it. It is so versatile depending on the look you are going for that day. Sometimes I just like a sweep of blush, but when I have an event or an occasion I like to make a bit more of an effort with the bronzer and highlighter.

Eyes
Obviously getting up at 6:30am every weekday morning means my eye game ain't exactly strong. Usually I just opt for a sweep of mascara and be on my way. I have been using Maybelline's Lash Sensational and I quite like it. It is easy to apply, gives quite a dramatic, but suitable, look for work and more importantly it is easy to remove after a long day.

For my eyebrows I have discovered this nifty little eyebrow pencil from Revlon that also has a gel wand on the other end. My only gripe with this is that the pencil is so small that when it comes to replacing this I will more than likely have a full tube of gel left! Annoying! I got this in the shade 'Brunette'

And finally my Shu UEMURA Curler which is an absolute staple in my makeup routine.

Lips
With Spring finally showing its beautiful face I am starting to introduce pinks back into my lip wardrobe. I love this Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in Dusty Rose. I got this as part of a small American Sephora Haul a while back and it has been a staple colour ever since.

What have you been wearing recently?

Love, Jo.


It has been a while since I did one of these posts. I am afraid I don't change my makeup routine up as often as I would like, hence why these posts are so few and far between. However, I do have a few new bits in my stash that I would quite like to showcase on this occasion.

Base
My base doesn't really change. I switched to Revlon ColorStay Foundation For Combination/Oily Skin because there obviously had to be no choice between clothing a baby and what went on my face. This has always been an old favourite of mine though, and the coverage is just as good as some of those high end brands. I use the shade 'Sand Beige'

I have also been using it with Tanya Burr's Face Illuminator. Colorstay can sometimes look a bit matte, whereas this adds just a touch of luminescence without it looking greasy or shiny.

Blush
I mentioned this palette in my Tanya Burr Haul. I love it. It is so versatile depending on the look you are going for that day. Sometimes I just like a sweep of blush, but when I have an event or an occasion I like to make a bit more of an effort with the bronzer and highlighter.

Eyes
Obviously getting up at 6:30am every weekday morning means my eye game ain't exactly strong. Usually I just opt for a sweep of mascara and be on my way. I have been using Maybelline's Lash Sensational and I quite like it. It is easy to apply, gives quite a dramatic, but suitable, look for work and more importantly it is easy to remove after a long day.

For my eyebrows I have discovered this nifty little eyebrow pencil from Revlon that also has a gel wand on the other end. My only gripe with this is that the pencil is so small that when it comes to replacing this I will more than likely have a full tube of gel left! Annoying! I got this in the shade 'Brunette'

And finally my Shu UEMURA Curler which is an absolute staple in my makeup routine.

Lips
With Spring finally showing its beautiful face I am starting to introduce pinks back into my lip wardrobe. I love this Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in Dusty Rose. I got this as part of a small American Sephora Haul a while back and it has been a staple colour ever since.

What have you been wearing recently?

Love, Jo.


6 comments

  1. Lovely post & I use the same mascara from Maybelline and I love it!

    XX


    Love, http://herrendezvous.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is my favourite one at the moment, above all high end ones I have tried!

      Delete
  2. The Revlon foundation really is fabulous!

    Parie x
    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Although I went and bought the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation yesterday just to mix it up a little. Plus I have heard amazing things about it! x

      Delete
  3. Love this post, lash sensational is my go-to mascara!
    Jen, Velvet Spring. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine too. I love it, and it's so affordable!

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page