So, I was actually going to have a small blogging hiatus this week. Things have just been so manic at home with all the DIY and decorating that I haven't had time to breath let alone blog and take pictures. I really let things get on top of me though and I start to get stressed out, so I have decided that I am just going to soldier on and all it might mean is that I am a little quiet on Twitter and Instagram.

On to my week;

01.   I have started painting our bedroom. It is looking good but James is by far not a natural painter (I didn't think it was even a thing you could be bad at?!) so it has been pretty much left to me to do. I actually don't mind because I am probably the biggest perfectionist going, but you can imagine it really cuts into my blog time and makes me super tired!

02. The building work is pretty much done on the house but the scars definitely do remain. Our staircase has been wrecked (to put it mildly) by the plastering and the quote that we got to clean it was around £700.. looks like James will be on his hands and knees with a sponge and a bucket full of soapy suds for most of next week.

03. We went to one of James's colleague's 50th birthday party on Saturday night. It was only a house party but it really made me feel like I definitely wasn't cut out for parties anymore. I probably should have sat down for a little bit, but I was being stubborn and I didn't want to be that stereotypical pregnant woman that demands special attention. Anyway, it just meant that as well as being bloated from all the soft drinks I was consuming, I was hella' sore when I got home and all day the next day. Lesson learnt.

04.  Our antenatal classes are going really well. I know I should be reading all the books but, seriously, when do I get the time?! I kinda wish I had maybe moved my maternity leave forward a little bit just to give myself that extra breathing space, but who knows? This baby might (probably) be late!

05. I am hoping things might be a bit more exciting next week.. I have my 31 weeks midwifery appointment, hopefully a trip to Costco for some of their amazing muffins (cravings, what can I say!) and I would love it if we can both find time to go to the cinema one night in the week just to get away from it all.

Anyway, how was your week?


Love, Jo.



So, I was actually going to have a small blogging hiatus this week. Things have just been so manic at home with all the DIY and decorating that I haven't had time to breath let alone blog and take pictures. I really let things get on top of me though and I start to get stressed out, so I have decided that I am just going to soldier on and all it might mean is that I am a little quiet on Twitter and Instagram.

On to my week;

01.   I have started painting our bedroom. It is looking good but James is by far not a natural painter (I didn't think it was even a thing you could be bad at?!) so it has been pretty much left to me to do. I actually don't mind because I am probably the biggest perfectionist going, but you can imagine it really cuts into my blog time and makes me super tired!

02. The building work is pretty much done on the house but the scars definitely do remain. Our staircase has been wrecked (to put it mildly) by the plastering and the quote that we got to clean it was around £700.. looks like James will be on his hands and knees with a sponge and a bucket full of soapy suds for most of next week.

03. We went to one of James's colleague's 50th birthday party on Saturday night. It was only a house party but it really made me feel like I definitely wasn't cut out for parties anymore. I probably should have sat down for a little bit, but I was being stubborn and I didn't want to be that stereotypical pregnant woman that demands special attention. Anyway, it just meant that as well as being bloated from all the soft drinks I was consuming, I was hella' sore when I got home and all day the next day. Lesson learnt.

04.  Our antenatal classes are going really well. I know I should be reading all the books but, seriously, when do I get the time?! I kinda wish I had maybe moved my maternity leave forward a little bit just to give myself that extra breathing space, but who knows? This baby might (probably) be late!

05. I am hoping things might be a bit more exciting next week.. I have my 31 weeks midwifery appointment, hopefully a trip to Costco for some of their amazing muffins (cravings, what can I say!) and I would love it if we can both find time to go to the cinema one night in the week just to get away from it all.

Anyway, how was your week?


Love, Jo.


Post a Comment

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page