I think the first thing I need to admit is that I never thought I would pay to get this done. I always thought it was a bit of a waste of money, the pictures were a bit alien looking and what really is the point?

I think the turning point was when I was having a really bad week; my midwife had told me the baby was breech which of course meant a mini melt down on my behalf. I desperately wanted a bit of reassuring, and with a small amount of Christmas money left over I thought ‘Why the heck not?’

I started to look around at places close by and lucky for me the place which I picked had an offer on at the time which meant I only paid £100 for 7 printed photos (1 framed), 4 key rings, a dvd of the scan and all the photos taken during the session. Perfect.

I easily managed to get an after work appointment and with it not being an NHS appointment you can take more than just your partner. I took my mother in-law (for all intents and purposes) because she is basically the closest that I have to a mother figure in my life at the minute and it was nice to be able to share the experience with someone other than James.

The sonographer was absolutely lovely, and repeated the majority of the health checks that I received at my 20 week scan. It was during this she said that the baby wasn’t breech and proceeded to show me exactly where the baby’s head, body and feet where on the mahoosive television screen in front of us.

I didn’t feel rushed and she answered any questions we had, and although the baby was being a little bit awkward at times we did manage to get quite a few good photos.

All in all I absolutely loved seeing our little one again (in 4D too!), and it really did give me the extra reassurance I was craving. I couldn’t recommend the experience enough especially if it is your first baby and are prone to worrying like I am. In the end I felt like the pictures were just an added bonus of being told everything looks normal.

Obviously I researched a few places before booking this and the reviews I had read really helped when making my final decision.

Love, Jo.


I think the first thing I need to admit is that I never thought I would pay to get this done. I always thought it was a bit of a waste of money, the pictures were a bit alien looking and what really is the point?

I think the turning point was when I was having a really bad week; my midwife had told me the baby was breech which of course meant a mini melt down on my behalf. I desperately wanted a bit of reassuring, and with a small amount of Christmas money left over I thought ‘Why the heck not?’

I started to look around at places close by and lucky for me the place which I picked had an offer on at the time which meant I only paid £100 for 7 printed photos (1 framed), 4 key rings, a dvd of the scan and all the photos taken during the session. Perfect.

I easily managed to get an after work appointment and with it not being an NHS appointment you can take more than just your partner. I took my mother in-law (for all intents and purposes) because she is basically the closest that I have to a mother figure in my life at the minute and it was nice to be able to share the experience with someone other than James.

The sonographer was absolutely lovely, and repeated the majority of the health checks that I received at my 20 week scan. It was during this she said that the baby wasn’t breech and proceeded to show me exactly where the baby’s head, body and feet where on the mahoosive television screen in front of us.

I didn’t feel rushed and she answered any questions we had, and although the baby was being a little bit awkward at times we did manage to get quite a few good photos.

All in all I absolutely loved seeing our little one again (in 4D too!), and it really did give me the extra reassurance I was craving. I couldn’t recommend the experience enough especially if it is your first baby and are prone to worrying like I am. In the end I felt like the pictures were just an added bonus of being told everything looks normal.

Obviously I researched a few places before booking this and the reviews I had read really helped when making my final decision.

Love, Jo.


2 comments

  1. It makes you feel so much better checking in on your little one doesn't it? I've booked another scan for 34 weeks because the wait for baby's arrival just seems so long!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could afford it! I think if my midwife says the baby is breech at my 31 weeks appointment I might just have to bankrupt myself!

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page