I am definitely posting a few more recipes than usual. I blame the pregnancy. My appetite is in overdrive at the minute which means I can't help but bake if I get a spare 2 minutes of a weekend. I have tried and tested this recipe a number of times now and it is by far my favourite.

Ingredients:

Cake: 
300g Soft Light Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
300ml Sunflower Oil
300g Plain Flour
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
300g Carrots (grated)
100g Chopped Walnuts

Frosting:
300g Icing Sugar
50g Unsalted Butter
125g Cream Cheese

Method:
Line the base of two loose bottomed, or spring loaded tins with baking parchment.

Preheat oven to gas mark 3.

Put the sugar, eggs and oil in a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment, or use a handheld whisk, and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.

Slowly add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla essence until well mixed.

Stir in the grated carrots and walnuts by hand until they are evenly dispersed.

Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tins and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown and the sponge bounces back when touched.

Leave the cakes to cool slightly in their tins before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

When the cakes are cold you can ice them. I prefer to ice my cakes like a sandwich but if you make double the amount of frosting you can cover the whole of the outside of the cake and decorate how you would like.

To make the cream cheese frosting beat the icing sugar and butter together until well mixed. Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue beating until the frosting is right and fluffy, at least 5 minutes.

Apply your frosting to your cakes and voila!

Let me know in the comments if you have tried this recipe?

Love, Jo.


I am definitely posting a few more recipes than usual. I blame the pregnancy. My appetite is in overdrive at the minute which means I can't help but bake if I get a spare 2 minutes of a weekend. I have tried and tested this recipe a number of times now and it is by far my favourite.

Ingredients:

Cake: 
300g Soft Light Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
300ml Sunflower Oil
300g Plain Flour
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
300g Carrots (grated)
100g Chopped Walnuts

Frosting:
300g Icing Sugar
50g Unsalted Butter
125g Cream Cheese

Method:
Line the base of two loose bottomed, or spring loaded tins with baking parchment.

Preheat oven to gas mark 3.

Put the sugar, eggs and oil in a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment, or use a handheld whisk, and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.

Slowly add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla essence until well mixed.

Stir in the grated carrots and walnuts by hand until they are evenly dispersed.

Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tins and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown and the sponge bounces back when touched.

Leave the cakes to cool slightly in their tins before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

When the cakes are cold you can ice them. I prefer to ice my cakes like a sandwich but if you make double the amount of frosting you can cover the whole of the outside of the cake and decorate how you would like.

To make the cream cheese frosting beat the icing sugar and butter together until well mixed. Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue beating until the frosting is right and fluffy, at least 5 minutes.

Apply your frosting to your cakes and voila!

Let me know in the comments if you have tried this recipe?

Love, Jo.


3 comments

  1. OH MY GOSH! This looks incredible! I love a carrot cake and this recipe sounds divine! Alice xxx

    www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a nice, easy recipe. Although I always get my boyfriend the grate the carrot because I can't stand doing it! x

      Delete
  2. This look so delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page