30 Jan 2017

The Weekly Edit #46

Better late than never, right? I know I am a little bit late in posting my Weekly Edit, and by mean late I mean like, 8 hours. What can I say? I am a bit of a perfectionist!

On to my week;

01.   I was a bit poorly during the middle of the week. In fact I still don’t think I am fully over it? It felt like a head cold with all the aches and pains of flu, but now the snots have well and truly started to kick in now. What is most frustrating is that I can't really take anything to make myself feel better! Finding a comfortable sleeping position is becoming increasingly more difficult and I have also started to suffer a little bit from insomnia?! Something I have never had to deal with before as sleep has always come quite easy to me.

02. Painting is now complete in the nursery and the house is starting to finally look like it used to. I have been promised we have one more week of building chaos and it should be finished. I can’t wait to do some room tours.

03. We went to Ikea on Sunday, and 'mad house' is an understatement. However, I did manage to pick up the chest of drawers I wanted for the baby’s room and a couple of other bits. A few other items caught my eye but it is not worth buying anything else until the whole house is decorated especially when it comes to soft furnishings! I have started a wish list though so I am all ready when the time comes.

04.  I also started my antenatal classes. At first I was nervous, sceptical, apprehensive… basically all of the above and then some. But when I got there I realised we were all in the same boat. I feel a bit more relaxed about the whole thing now, and it is kind of nice having someone telling you what to expect rather than just reading about it. We started to cover a number of useful topics like labour and what necessary things you need to purchase before the baby is born.

05. I have ordered a few little bits this week. The White Company's sale went to 60% off and I couldn't resist the paper elephant mobile which had been reduced to £10. I also needed a new dress for a party this weekend. I am still struggling with the whole maternity range and sizing. It's an absolute minefield. I guess it doesn't help that the shape and size of my body seems to change on an almost daily basis..

I feel like these weekly edits are a bit repetitive.. They seem to be all things baby and decorating at the minute, do you all mind?

Anyway, how was your week?


Love, Jo.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig