FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

27 Jan 2017

The Best Cheesecake Recipe Ever

And yes, you can thank me later. I am an absolute sucker for a cheesecake, in fact I am a bit of a sucker for anything sweet. Cheesecake, however, holds a special place in my heart. Not only is it super easy to make but it tastes so divine.

So here is how I made this easy, but oh so delicious, Toffee Crisp Cheesecake;

Ingredients:

Base: 
150g Mars Bars, cut into small chunks
90g Unsalted Butter
100 – 150g Rice Krispies

Filling:
200g Milk Chocolate, I used Cadbury’s
400g Cream Cheese
25g Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Boiling Water
60ml Double cream
80g Toffee Crisp, small chunks
1Tsp Vanilla Essence
25g Caster Sugar

To Decorate:
Caramel sauce
Toffee Crisp

Method:
Line the base of a loose bottomed, or spring loaded tin with baking parchment.

Melt together the butter and Mars Bar chunks. The Mars Bar takes a little while to melt completely so don’t lose hope. It also has a tendency to split but that’s kind of when you know it’s ready.

Stir in the Rice Krispies until desired consistency. I only ended up using about 100g. Press into the cake tin and set in the fridge for about an hour.

For the filling, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and boiling water until smooth.

Melt the chocolate and pour over the double cream, add the vanilla essence and continue to beat until well combined.

Fold in the chunks of Toffee Crisp and pour over the base. Leave to set in the fridge for about 4 hours, or until firm. To decorate, finely chop a bar of Toffee Crisp and then drizzle with caramel sauce.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried this recipe?


Love, Jo.


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I'm absolutely obsessed with cheesecake and this looks amazing. I'm defiantly go to try this next weekend! Thanks for the recipe :)

    chantell
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a cheesecake - aholic too. I just love the ease of the no bake ones although there is always the possibility of it not setting right!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that sounds and looks amazing! So yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was yummy. Probably my favourite cheesecake recipe so far!

      Delete
  3. This looks incredible! When I saw that mars bars were part of the ingredients list I knew I'd like this!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a definite sweet tooth, although I am thinking next time I do like a lime/something fruity flavoured one?

      Delete
  4. This looks absolutely incredible...and I don't even like cheesecake haha!


    annie | appletoothpaste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh my! You don't like cheesecake?! Then again it would probably do my waistline a favour if I didn't like cheesecake either!

      Delete
  5. This cheesecake looks absolutely divine!!! I love a good cheesecake, but cheesecake with chocolate is total love for me! I haven't made cheesecake in a long time, but I do enjoy it - might have to give this recipe a go!

    The Crimson Cardigan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. It's a no bake recipe which is perfect if you are a bit rusty!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig