With a heavy heart I have decided that this will be my last monthly favourites blog post.. But don't despair! I have just decided to do them sporadically instead. I found I was struggling to find things each month that really deserved a mention, this way everything that is featured from this moment onwards is what I am REALLY loving.

Anyway, enough of the excuses, onto my December favourites!

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in New Ombre by Mariah Carey
Can you believe I have never purchased a MAC liner before? This was my very first one, and what a one to own! The packaging in itself is gorgeous, and that's before you have even reached the product. I might do a full review on this, what do you think?

Vice Lipstick in 'Bruise'
If you haven't seen this collection already, I wrote a blogpost on it which you can read here. This has to be my favourite out of the bunch. I wore it on Christmas day, and nearly every day since. The whole collection is just so comfortable to wear, I love it.

Ruimio Nail Stickers
I bought these stickers quite cheaply from Amazon for a post I was doing on Christmas hacks and they turned out so well. I absolutely love them! They just seem to add a little bit more pazaz (did I just type that? Wait! Did I even spell that right?!) than just your plain, common or garden manicure.

Krispy Smore
If you don't already follow Stephie & Dave on YouTube you really should. I am a pretty new subscriber to their channel but they have just completed Vlogmas and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just love how down to earth they are, plus their love of Disney is intoxicating. I will definitely miss watching their adorable antics on a daily basis.

A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
This year is the year that I make time for myself and reading. I am determined to read at least a chapter a day of this book, and of whatever else I may read this year. I have heard such great things about this novel, I just hope it captures my interest.

Rillington Place
This series was so spooky, and has probably been my favourite series this month (although Modus came a close 2nd place) It's only 3 episodes long but Tim Roth plays an excellent, and disturbing pyscho killer.

A/W Menu at Jamies Italian
This was surprisingly delicious. Like I mentioned in my review, I don't particularly like chain restaurants but the quality and flavour of the food here has definitely opened my mind up to different possibilities.

What have you been loving this month?

Love, Jo.


With a heavy heart I have decided that this will be my last monthly favourites blog post.. But don't despair! I have just decided to do them sporadically instead. I found I was struggling to find things each month that really deserved a mention, this way everything that is featured from this moment onwards is what I am REALLY loving.

Anyway, enough of the excuses, onto my December favourites!

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in New Ombre by Mariah Carey
Can you believe I have never purchased a MAC liner before? This was my very first one, and what a one to own! The packaging in itself is gorgeous, and that's before you have even reached the product. I might do a full review on this, what do you think?

Vice Lipstick in 'Bruise'
If you haven't seen this collection already, I wrote a blogpost on it which you can read here. This has to be my favourite out of the bunch. I wore it on Christmas day, and nearly every day since. The whole collection is just so comfortable to wear, I love it.

Ruimio Nail Stickers
I bought these stickers quite cheaply from Amazon for a post I was doing on Christmas hacks and they turned out so well. I absolutely love them! They just seem to add a little bit more pazaz (did I just type that? Wait! Did I even spell that right?!) than just your plain, common or garden manicure.

Krispy Smore
If you don't already follow Stephie & Dave on YouTube you really should. I am a pretty new subscriber to their channel but they have just completed Vlogmas and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just love how down to earth they are, plus their love of Disney is intoxicating. I will definitely miss watching their adorable antics on a daily basis.

A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
This year is the year that I make time for myself and reading. I am determined to read at least a chapter a day of this book, and of whatever else I may read this year. I have heard such great things about this novel, I just hope it captures my interest.

Rillington Place
This series was so spooky, and has probably been my favourite series this month (although Modus came a close 2nd place) It's only 3 episodes long but Tim Roth plays an excellent, and disturbing pyscho killer.

A/W Menu at Jamies Italian
This was surprisingly delicious. Like I mentioned in my review, I don't particularly like chain restaurants but the quality and flavour of the food here has definitely opened my mind up to different possibilities.

What have you been loving this month?

Love, Jo.


8 comments

  1. The shade for the Vice lipstick is gorgeous! I too had to stop doing Monthly Favourites because I was having so much trouble coming up with something new to talk about, especially when my routine rarely ever changes. It's one thing to be wealthy and be able to buy new products all the time, it's another thing to be frugal. Nonetheless, I might do a seasonal post, if my routine ever changes, haha.

    Stephii Mattea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful. I am definitely a creature of habit, it takes a lot from a new product to come in and change my routine! I have to become a bit more frugal now with a baby on the way, less lipstick, more nappies!

      Delete
  2. Definitely do a full review on the mac lip liner! I've never purchased one from there either and would love to hear your thoughts! I think it's really difficult doing monthly favourites, especially when I'm trying not to buy anything new and am on a spending ban! Sometimes just random favourites whenever you feel like it are the way to go! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have starting putting together another favourites but there are only two things on it at the moment, expect it to be published some time in Spring! Ha!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love Jaimie's Italian! We don't have one in Melbourne but there's one in Sydney and I ate there almost every day the last time I was there.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too! There was just so much choice, I can definitely see myself going back there. James got the pork belly which is usually something I don't like, but I tried it and it was delicious. Total meal envy ha!

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many bad reviews about the prolongwear liners, how they are so drying on the lips so I've always stayed away from them! A full review is much needed I think!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I will definitely be experimenting more with it then in the mean time.

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page