FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

22 Jan 2017

My Bedside Essentials

I am quite a nosey person by nature. I love reading blog posts about what people really covet and their daily routines so I thought I would share with you my bedside essentials.

A B o o k
This is kind of an obvious one. I am trying to read a chapter every night before I go to sleep so it is important that I keep this handy as a reminder to myself that I must read before turning on that TV. You can see what my 2017 reads are here.

C a n d l e
There is just something so luxe and relaxing when you light a candle before bed. My favourite is the Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin.

H a n d C r e a m
I am currently using Soap & Glory's Hand Food. It is one of my favourite hand creams and scents.

S u d o c r e m
Literally the skincare saviour that fixes any ailment. Well, that is what I believe anyway!

L i p b a l m
I always apply lip balm just before I go to bed.

S p e c t a c l e s
I am blind without them.

N i g h t S p r a y
I don't usually have a problem sleeping, but if I am feeling particularly antsy or stressed about something I often break out the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. Basically it is just a lavender scented spray that I use on the pillows and on the bedding to help me relax and drift off.

P h o n e
I hate keeping this close to my bed as it just begs to be looked at, but it is a necessary evil because it is my alarm clock too. I tend to put it on airplane mode just before sleep and then not check it until I am on my way to work the next day.

M u l t i v i t a m i n
Usually I am pretty shocking at taking these. At most I will remember to take them for a week and then forget, but since becoming pregnant I have taken one every night without fail. It is funny that when you know you need to do something, you do it, no excuses.

N i g h t C r e a m s
Since turning 30, actually, since turning about 25 I have been using night creams. My nana used to always apply cold cream before bed so I guess I kind of got it from her. Plus she looked amazing, even when she was in her 70's. My long standing favourite at the moment has to be Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.

N o t e p a d / P e n
This is only sometimes. I usually keep these in my drawer as something to whip out whenever I get an idea or need to write a quick to do list for the next day. I am, or like to think I am, highly organised and I get quite stressed if I don't have a plan in place.

What are your bedside essentials?

Love, Jo.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hand cream, body lotion, a book and a sleeping mask is usually what I keep next to me and use before sleeping!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the idea of a sleeping mask. I just worry it would be a bit uncomfortable though? Like, I could feel it around my head whilst I was trying to get to sleep, and then what if it slips off?!

      Delete
  2. ah i wish sudocrem worked for me, it's weird how it's so good for some and terrible for others! great post, i couldn't be without my this works pillow spray either!
    jen | velvet spring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Sudocrem works so well on pretty much any skin problem I have! Before that for spots I used Freederm Gel which actually stings to use now. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig