FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

8 Jan 2017

2016; A Review

I love these posts, mainly because I am nosey, but also it is nice for me to look back on the year and see what I have accomplished/done in just these past 12 months.

J a n u a r y
This month started out pretty stressful for me. I had had an abnormal smear test result, which was treated in December, but I was still feeling the after effects of it so we booked a skiing holiday to Andorra. It was amazing; I learnt to ski (sorta!), I did a lot of tax free shopping, and most importantly got time to relax with my amazing boyfriend.

F e b r u a r y
February was a quiet one, although I am sure it was filled with wanderlust for some exotic place, and weekends going far too fast, oh! And Valentine's day.

M a r c h
We had the most surprisingly amazing weather in this month. Luckily it was all during our week long trip to the Lakes. We rented a cottage just across the water from Windermere, and I finally conquered a personal goal which was climbing Hellvellyn. It definitely wasn't without it's difficulties, there were times when I didn't think I could do it and wanted to turn back, unfortunately it was often worse to turn back because the way we had just come was so precarious!

A p r i l
This month saw me receive my first blogger event invitation. I thoroughly enjoyed attending the opening of Busaba in Liverpool. The food was delicious and I remember desperately hoping that this was just the start of things to come when it came to my blogging career.

M a y
I was long overdue a hair cut and colour when it got to May. My birthday month was fast approaching so an invitation to Sasoon Salons in the Liverpool Metquarter couldn't have come at a better time.

J u n e
I hit 31! And what a busy month this was too. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my broodiness had finally reached its peak so we started trying for a baby! We also spent the most amazing week in Italy, and a weekend in London.

J u l y
I will always remember this month as the month I got pregnant! Fast huh?! I was kind of hoping to have a little more fun with it, but I am definitely not complaining. Despite it being planned, I was still a little bit in shock, and me telling James was not as romantic as I thought it would have been!

A u g u s t
August saw the morning sickness hit... Hard! Luckily I was only really poorly for about a week, and by poorly I mean completely bedridden, couldn't be 10 metres away from a toilet, poorly. During this time I was also nominated for the Best New Blogger on the Block award at The Bloggers Blog Awards. This was definitely the highlight of my blogging year.

S e p t e m b e r
This month saw our penultimate trip of the year. We visited York for a weekend away with James's family. It was lovely to just eat lots of nice food, and enjoy the York air. I also had a bit of a fan girl moment at the top of Malham Cove where they filmed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

O c t o b e r
I was still kind of reeling from the first scan at the end of September. You can read all about my first trimester here. Work had finally started on the house, and by the end of this month we had a new bathroom, but that was just the beginning!

N o v e m b e r
This month saw the highly anticipated 20 week scan. I asked the midwife to write down the gender and put it in a sealed envelope. At the time I just wanted to know that the baby was healthy, but it took me all of two days to rip open that envelope and take a look. What can I say? I have no self control! James still doesn't know what we are having because he wants a surprise, and I have done pretty well  keeping it a secret for this long! We also took another small trip to London, but being 20+ weeks pregnant in a busy city meant I spent the majority of my time looking for the nearest toilet, or finding somewhere to perch myself for 5 minutes.

D e c e m b e r
I love Christmas. I think it is my favourite time of year by far, and I was so disappointed that it went as fast as it did! However, we did manage to book our first holiday as a little family. It was pretty funny; whilst we were booking the flights we needed to put the baby's name down as 'TBC'. Obviously to be changed later on..

And that's 2016! I kind of want to put in a little disclaimer here too. Obviously my life isn't perfect, it's basically what I feel comfortable posting online. We all have our bad days, family and work problems, and partner 'niggles'. I just want you all to know that just because I don't post about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen!

Love, Jo.


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. love this post, i wish i could remember month by month what i managed to accomplish haha, i really should keep a diary!
    jen | velvet spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were definitely a couple of months when I had to look back and be like 'what on earth was I doing!' Complete baby brain moment!

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post :) It sounds like you've had a great year, and congratulations on the pregnancy! I'm only 23 so I'm still young, but I'd love to have a family of my own someday. I loved the part where you mentioned that telling your boyfriend about the pregnancy wasn't as romantic as you thought it would be. I suppose sometimes things don't happen how you'd imagine! :)
    Kelly x

    www.kellypendragon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 23 is far too young for a baba in my opinion. At 23 I was adamant I would never have children. It's funny how things change! And yeah! I was in total shock. All I said to him was 'my period is late, I've done a test, and it's positive!' Very matter of fact! I had daydreams it would be quite a magical moment, proper Disney- esque, but in fact we were both just sat on the couch in stunned silence! X

      Delete
  3. This was a lovely post! Congrats on your pregnancy, I hope it all goes well :) it sounds like you've had a successful 2016 and I hope 2017 is even better :)
    Stacey x
    www.fromonetothenextblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going well so far. I had my first real craving today for Fanta.. like, would cry if I couldn't get my hands on any. I'm not a fizzy drink person either. I am doing pretty well 7 months in if that's it though! I'm just trying not to give too much thought to the giving birth part yet! X

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig