..to join us for Christmas. That's right, the tree is up, the house is aglow with fairy lights and I thought I would do a blog post on some of my favourite decorations so far. Warning: This blog post is picture heavy.

This sign was from Sainbury's. I am not usually one for these type of 'vintage' signs but I absolutely adored this. It is so true for our kitchen around this time of year too. There is nothing better than a Tassimo coffee (decaf obvs) and a warm mince pie smothered with Haagan Dazs vanilla ice cream after a hard day at work.

This ornament is a pretty special one, so obviously I thought it should be featured. We picked this up on one of our many trips to Italy. We stayed in the most amazing Umbrian country house just outside of Assisi where they made and painted these decorations. I just had to have one purely for the memory of a lovely holiday.

 
These are just a few of my other favourite decorations. It was hard to just pick these ones without spamming this blog post with them all! The Empire State Building decoration was first featured here. I love the little Santa pretending to be King Kong. It's either that or he is trying to find the chimney to deliver presents?

The next bauble is a Liverpool specific one. Despite what I say about living up North as a Southerner, I do love Liverpool hence this purchase. It shows the picturesque Liverpool waterfront and in particular, the Liver Buildings.

And finally the, the, the GRINCH! I picked this up on my recent trip to Florida. I think Universal Studios, Orlando had to be my favourite, favourite, place whilst I was there and I couldn't leave without something 'Seuss' related.

 
The nutcracker was an absolute bargain from TK Maxx. He has a lovely velvet coat with the perfect gold embellishment. I am not entirely sure he is functional as a nutcracker even though his mouth moves. I don't think I have ever cracked a nut in my life, so I think I will just leave him purely for decoration.

The 'Winter Wishes' cushion was from Sainsbury's. I love that it is sort of 'Christmas neutral'. I could have probably whipped this out in November without too much objection from my boyfriend. Currently this is one of our couch cushions but it would also look lovely in the bedroom.

I also have 3 of these beauties scattered around the house. I love them and if I had a bigger house, I would have about 100 more. I always associate these with the film Home Alone and since then I have had a complete fascination with them.

And finally some very festive fairy lights from Next. I bought these two years ago for about £10 but I can't be sure. I love them as they aren't too bright and give off quite a comforting reddish glow.

How has everyone else decorated?

..to join us for Christmas. That's right, the tree is up, the house is aglow with fairy lights and I thought I would do a blog post on some of my favourite decorations so far. Warning: This blog post is picture heavy.

This sign was from Sainbury's. I am not usually one for these type of 'vintage' signs but I absolutely adored this. It is so true for our kitchen around this time of year too. There is nothing better than a Tassimo coffee (decaf obvs) and a warm mince pie smothered with Haagan Dazs vanilla ice cream after a hard day at work.

This ornament is a pretty special one, so obviously I thought it should be featured. We picked this up on one of our many trips to Italy. We stayed in the most amazing Umbrian country house just outside of Assisi where they made and painted these decorations. I just had to have one purely for the memory of a lovely holiday.

 
These are just a few of my other favourite decorations. It was hard to just pick these ones without spamming this blog post with them all! The Empire State Building decoration was first featured here. I love the little Santa pretending to be King Kong. It's either that or he is trying to find the chimney to deliver presents?

The next bauble is a Liverpool specific one. Despite what I say about living up North as a Southerner, I do love Liverpool hence this purchase. It shows the picturesque Liverpool waterfront and in particular, the Liver Buildings.

And finally the, the, the GRINCH! I picked this up on my recent trip to Florida. I think Universal Studios, Orlando had to be my favourite, favourite, place whilst I was there and I couldn't leave without something 'Seuss' related.

 
The nutcracker was an absolute bargain from TK Maxx. He has a lovely velvet coat with the perfect gold embellishment. I am not entirely sure he is functional as a nutcracker even though his mouth moves. I don't think I have ever cracked a nut in my life, so I think I will just leave him purely for decoration.

The 'Winter Wishes' cushion was from Sainsbury's. I love that it is sort of 'Christmas neutral'. I could have probably whipped this out in November without too much objection from my boyfriend. Currently this is one of our couch cushions but it would also look lovely in the bedroom.

I also have 3 of these beauties scattered around the house. I love them and if I had a bigger house, I would have about 100 more. I always associate these with the film Home Alone and since then I have had a complete fascination with them.

And finally some very festive fairy lights from Next. I bought these two years ago for about £10 but I can't be sure. I love them as they aren't too bright and give off quite a comforting reddish glow.

How has everyone else decorated?

Post a Comment

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page