Complete with snacks (see featured image) I think I probably start watching Christmas films far too early, if that is even possible! Last week I had on the Christmas 24 channel while I was doing the ironing.

There is nothing I love more than turning on the fairy lights and snuggling down under a blanket with something sugary. It really puts me into the festive spirit. So I thought I would dedicate a post to my favourite films. It started out with my Top 5, but I really couldn't pick just 5, so I had to extend it to 8.

01. Elf
I think this film will probably be on everyone's top 1-10 list of Christmas films. I haven't actually watched it this year yet but I can't wait. It will be nice to see New York in a different season. This film convinces me that I was surely born an elf. I mean, I practically live off the four main food groups already, 'candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup'.

02. The Santa Claus (1994)
Admittedly, I haven't seen the original, but I just love Tim Allen. I grew up watching Home Improvement and I think he is part of the reason why I love Christmas with the Kranks so much too. I am going to cheat and include all 3 films under this heading. Usually sequels past the 2nd film don't really work, but I actually enjoyed them all.

03. Home Alone
The ultimate Christmas film in my eyes. I am going to cheat again and include Home Alone 2 in this too. I remember when I first watched this, I was so jealous of Kevin, I would have done anything to make my sister disappear. And because of this film, every year a 'Talk Girl' appeared on my Christmas List but alas, to no avail. Unfortunately, I think my parents thought it would be too irritating.

04. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Surprisingly, I only watched this film for the first time a few years ago. My dad had bought the National Lampoon's boxset, so I thought I would give it ago. It's dated but it doesn't half hold up. I love it.

05. Muppet's Christmas Carol
'It's Marley and Marley.. wooohooo' Who doesn't love The Muppets? I think this is my favourite adaptation, although the animated Disney version comes a close 2nd.

06. Christmas with the Kranks
This has to be my ultimate feel good Christmas film. I was literally destroyed when I finally got James to watch it and he fell asleep, like, 5 minutes in. It is a lesser known Christmas film but if you haven't seen it, you must.

07. The Grinch
I love Jim Carey in this. I was always a big fan of the book and I absolutely adore this adaptation. It is so detailed. I love Christmas so much, I sometimes feel I wouldn't be out of place if I went to go live in Whoville.

08. The Nightmare Before Christmas
The best cult Christmas film out there. I don't think I know of anyone who doesn't like this film. I remember one Christmas Eve I watched this, and The Corpse Bride back to back as I festively painted my nails and had a holiday pamper session.

I also love a lot of television Christmas Specials. My favourites are Gavin & Stacey, Vicar of Dibley, Miranda and The Royle Family. What is everyone else's favourite Christmas viewing?

Complete with snacks (see featured image) I think I probably start watching Christmas films far too early, if that is even possible! Last week I had on the Christmas 24 channel while I was doing the ironing.

There is nothing I love more than turning on the fairy lights and snuggling down under a blanket with something sugary. It really puts me into the festive spirit. So I thought I would dedicate a post to my favourite films. It started out with my Top 5, but I really couldn't pick just 5, so I had to extend it to 8.

01. Elf
I think this film will probably be on everyone's top 1-10 list of Christmas films. I haven't actually watched it this year yet but I can't wait. It will be nice to see New York in a different season. This film convinces me that I was surely born an elf. I mean, I practically live off the four main food groups already, 'candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup'.

02. The Santa Claus (1994)
Admittedly, I haven't seen the original, but I just love Tim Allen. I grew up watching Home Improvement and I think he is part of the reason why I love Christmas with the Kranks so much too. I am going to cheat and include all 3 films under this heading. Usually sequels past the 2nd film don't really work, but I actually enjoyed them all.

03. Home Alone
The ultimate Christmas film in my eyes. I am going to cheat again and include Home Alone 2 in this too. I remember when I first watched this, I was so jealous of Kevin, I would have done anything to make my sister disappear. And because of this film, every year a 'Talk Girl' appeared on my Christmas List but alas, to no avail. Unfortunately, I think my parents thought it would be too irritating.

04. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Surprisingly, I only watched this film for the first time a few years ago. My dad had bought the National Lampoon's boxset, so I thought I would give it ago. It's dated but it doesn't half hold up. I love it.

05. Muppet's Christmas Carol
'It's Marley and Marley.. wooohooo' Who doesn't love The Muppets? I think this is my favourite adaptation, although the animated Disney version comes a close 2nd.

06. Christmas with the Kranks
This has to be my ultimate feel good Christmas film. I was literally destroyed when I finally got James to watch it and he fell asleep, like, 5 minutes in. It is a lesser known Christmas film but if you haven't seen it, you must.

07. The Grinch
I love Jim Carey in this. I was always a big fan of the book and I absolutely adore this adaptation. It is so detailed. I love Christmas so much, I sometimes feel I wouldn't be out of place if I went to go live in Whoville.

08. The Nightmare Before Christmas
The best cult Christmas film out there. I don't think I know of anyone who doesn't like this film. I remember one Christmas Eve I watched this, and The Corpse Bride back to back as I festively painted my nails and had a holiday pamper session.

I also love a lot of television Christmas Specials. My favourites are Gavin & Stacey, Vicar of Dibley, Miranda and The Royle Family. What is everyone else's favourite Christmas viewing?

4 comments

  1. I love this! It's so hard to whittle them down, there is just so many great Christmas films! Home Alone, Christmas with the Kranks, and the old classic - It's a Wonderful Life are some of my absolute favourites!
    Also love your TV Christmas specials, it's a tradition in my house to watch the Gavin & Stacey Xmas episode every Christmas Eve! Already excited for this year!

    Love, fae, peerieannie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to watch some of the classics. It's shameful I've never seen one! X

      Delete
  2. I love the Muppet Christmas Carol so much, It's my Xmas Eve film - a glass of somehting fizzy, some yummy snacks, and warm blanket and the muppets. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds perfect apart from the fizzy stuff this year! I will be on the lemonade! X

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page