I just can't believe how fast 2016 has gone. It only seems like yesterday that I was writing my new years resolutions! I have decided to do away with them this year though because for 1. With a new baby on the way I am admitting defeat already, there is no way I will be able to keep them. And 2. I just want to enjoy everything, and not put restrictions on myself.

So here is my year of blogging in numbers instead. I hope you enjoy!

194 Blog Posts
It's been tough (and expensive!) some weeks getting new and exciting content out, especially with a full time job and other commitments. I plan to be so much more organised in the New Year though. I still want to carry on posting 3/4 times a week, and even start using my YouTube channel.

906 Instagram photos
I am so proud of my Instagram. It's one area of owning a blog that I am constantly striving to improve, and although the numbers might not reflect it, I think I am most proud of it's growth even after that pesky algorithm.

3 Blog Events
And I loved attending all 3. I got my hair cut and coloured by Sassoon Salons in Liverpool, enjoyed beautiful Thai food at the opening of Busaba, and got to experience Lush Liverpool's amazing spa and festive products first hand. One thing I do need to do in 2017 is say yes more!

1 Nomination
I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Best New Blogger on the Block at the Bloggers Blog Awards, and even though I didn't win I think this has to be my most proudest blog moment of the year.

6 Collaborations
I never thought I would get the chance to work with the likes of Saturated Colour Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Keep This Cracker, Jamies Italian, The Abnormal Beauty Company, and Festive Lights. All of which I have thoroughly enjoyed, and have lead me to speak to some of the nicest people.

1 Birthday
Yes! That's right! Flourish & Blotting turned 1 in October.

And that's it! Fingers crossed for an even more exciting 2017 for blogging.

Love, Jo.


I just can't believe how fast 2016 has gone. It only seems like yesterday that I was writing my new years resolutions! I have decided to do away with them this year though because for 1. With a new baby on the way I am admitting defeat already, there is no way I will be able to keep them. And 2. I just want to enjoy everything, and not put restrictions on myself.

So here is my year of blogging in numbers instead. I hope you enjoy!

194 Blog Posts
It's been tough (and expensive!) some weeks getting new and exciting content out, especially with a full time job and other commitments. I plan to be so much more organised in the New Year though. I still want to carry on posting 3/4 times a week, and even start using my YouTube channel.

906 Instagram photos
I am so proud of my Instagram. It's one area of owning a blog that I am constantly striving to improve, and although the numbers might not reflect it, I think I am most proud of it's growth even after that pesky algorithm.

3 Blog Events
And I loved attending all 3. I got my hair cut and coloured by Sassoon Salons in Liverpool, enjoyed beautiful Thai food at the opening of Busaba, and got to experience Lush Liverpool's amazing spa and festive products first hand. One thing I do need to do in 2017 is say yes more!

1 Nomination
I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Best New Blogger on the Block at the Bloggers Blog Awards, and even though I didn't win I think this has to be my most proudest blog moment of the year.

6 Collaborations
I never thought I would get the chance to work with the likes of Saturated Colour Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Keep This Cracker, Jamies Italian, The Abnormal Beauty Company, and Festive Lights. All of which I have thoroughly enjoyed, and have lead me to speak to some of the nicest people.

1 Birthday
Yes! That's right! Flourish & Blotting turned 1 in October.

And that's it! Fingers crossed for an even more exciting 2017 for blogging.

Love, Jo.


2 comments

  1. That's an amazing achievement in your first year of blogging, well done you! Best wishes for 2017!
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am pretty proud, even though sometimes I can be such a taskmaster to myself! It is such hard work, and I give up the majority of my weekends to do it, but I love it, and we all make sacrifices for things we love! x

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page