FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

16 Nov 2016

Winter Lip Shades I Can't Live Without

I love a good winter lip as much as the next gal. I like ones that don't require much maintenance but still give off the perfect winter look. Below are some of my favourites.

From top to bottom;

Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in 'Double Dare'
I love everything about this product; the packaging, the colour, the formula. All these elements pretty much make up the perfect liquid lipstick. Double Dare is quite a subtle, dark pink, making it suitable for all year round wear.

Sephora Rouge in 'Charmer'
This has to be my favourite Sephora lip product, it is matte but so moisturising. It is a pink but not too bright, and it's perfect for any time of day as it is so fresh looking. You can honestly never go wrong with a deep pink nude in winter!

I haven't been wearing as many lip products as normal, bar lip balms of course. Being newly pregnant doesn't allow for  much glam! Persistence is my go to lipstick when it comes to winter lip shades. It's one shade darker than Velvet Teddy, so if you love Velvet Teddy you will love Persistence.

Matte Lipstick in 'Diva'
Let's face it, I don't need to tell you how good I think MAC lipsticks are. I use MAC Prep & Prime Lip alongside all my lip colours as it gives you the perfect base whether it's matte or slightly glossy. Diva is definitely more berry toned but very understated.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Tortola'
This is a bit thicker than your average lip pencil which is one of the reasons why I like it so much. It is so much easier to apply, and the creamy texture is just so moisturising, especially in these colder months. This shade is also perfect for work as it isn't too dramatic. I think deep browns are the perfect alternative to a berry lip if you wanted to switch it up a bit.

What are your favourite winter lipsticks? I am always up for expanding my collection!

Love, Jo.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh i love Double Dare; beautiful peachy shade x
    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But i feel it's dark enough for winter for sure if you want a more natural lip on work days x

      Delete
  2. Double Dare and Persistence are my faves!

    beristenbul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much in the mind set if all other lip colours fail Persistence is the one! X

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig