21 Nov 2016

The Weekly Edition #37

What a week! To be honest, I am pretty glad it is over. I think I need a long overdue holiday.. Speaking of holidays, we have just booked our summer holiday! The first one as a threesome. To say I am a little bit nervous would be an understatement, but France, here we come in 2017!

Anyway, on to my week;

01. So, I had an unfortunate unscheduled trip to the Maternity Assessment Ward on Wednesday. I had been getting pains on and off for about a week and when I had the worst nights sleep ever (and not feeling the baby move for nearly 24 hours) I rang my midwife for advice. I guess I kind of kept putting it off because I didn't want to bother anyone, but after visiting the Women's my mind was put at some ease. The baby's heartbeat is strong, and they put it down to ligament strain. After all this hullabaloo the little scamp wouldn't keep still for the rest of the day.

02. Anyway, these pains prompted me to buy a much needed maternity pillow. For the next couple of nights I slept with an ordinary cushion under my bump and noticed a whole world of difference. It really supports my tummy, back and knees which is exactly what I needed.

03. On the same Wednesday I attended a Lush event in Liverpool, I know, I am crazy! I was completely wiped out by the end of it, but expect a blog post on my experience this week! To say it got me in the festive spirit would be an understatement.

04.  As you can imagine all of this prompted a bit of a spending spree.Well, I definitely needed a bit of cheering up!  I obviously purchased my maternity pillow but I also went and bought the Yankee Candle advent calendar (you will be able to see an unboxing of this everyday along with my other advent calendars on Instagram and Snapchat), L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask, a Sensationail nail polish in Baby Pink, the most gorgeous winter bag from Zara, and the perfect-est (?) Christmas earrings from Pandora.

05. Next week I have my 20 week scan (even though I will be 21 weeks by that point) which I am excited/nervous/, I also have a dentist appointment, and if you know me you will know how much I hate going to the dentist.. Fingers crossed it will all be painless.

How was your week?

Love, Jo.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig