25 Nov 2016

Sharing My Shelves: Baby Books

I am just as guilty as the next pregnant woman when it comes to Dr. Google. I don't know what it is, I just can't help myself.  However, I am trying to curb those natural instincts to look up every twinge and just stick to the written facts. So, below are my picks for the perfect pregnancy resources.

The Day by Day Pregnancy Book
by Maggie Blott
This was the first book I bought. It covers from conception to past birth so I thought this would be a good all rounder. It's quite a hefty book as it covers pretty much everything, and anything that could happen, but it explains things in such easy, simplistic ways.

The Unmumsy Mum
by Sarah Turner
I picked this up in Sainsbury's after my fellow Liverpool beauty blogger Jackie from Just Add Ginger recommended it. I haven't quite finished this one yet but the part about when she found out what she was having was quite poignant to me. The reassurance that I am not completely on my own in some of the thoughts I have been having is really comforting. I also love the fact it is written by a blogger too.

My Pregnancy & Baby Today
by BabyCenter
This app has been an absolute godsend, especially when I don't have my books to hand and I am itching to get on Google. You can find pretty much anything on this little app, and the comments and videos from other mums is really helpful and reassuring.

If you have any other recommendations for good pregnancy reads, leave me a comment below!


Love, Jo.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The Unmumsy Mum has been such a fab book to have - as you get more in to it have some tissues at the ready! I'll definitely have to give your other picks a look. I still feel so totally unprepared lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig