FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

30 Nov 2016

10 Christmas Things..

.. I am looking forward to this year, and every year I guess! You may think this post is a little bit premature but I kind of figured I am doing half of these things already even though it's not even December yet.

01. Radio Times
I buy this every year and go through all the TV listings circling everything I want to watch and record. This is a tradition I have had for years and I wouldn't have it any other way.

02. Food
I was going to try and narrow this down but I honestly can't. I love EVERY festive treat there is out there.  Cadbury Snow Bites and Terry's Chocolate Orange are probably by far my favourites. Unfortunately, this year I won't be partaking in any of the nice cheeses, cured meats or prosecco, but it is a small price to pay. Me and James always have a tasty nut roast on Christmas eve even though neither of us are vegetarian.

03. Decorations
Every thing just looks a million times nicer decked out in fairy lights, right? I also love the smell of tinsel.. I'm not alone in this, am I? We usually make a big deal for decorations day, including watching a festive film, and having the most amazing dinner of fajitas and mince pies..

04. Festive Manicures
Any excuse for lots of glitter with deep reds and blues.

05. Christmas Jumpers
I absolutely love Christmas jumper days. Knox even has his very own jumper. I had the loveliest Christmas jumper last year. Unfortunately, it probably won't fit me now, so I am on the hunt for a new one!

06. TV Specials
Who hasn't noticed that Gold is now Xmas Gold? I absolutely adore all the old Christmas specials, even if I don't watch the programme normally. My favourites have to be Gavin & Stacey, Vicar of Dibley and The Royle Family.

07. Advent Calendars
Guaranteed chocolate everyday? Yes please! Although, this year is a little bit different since I have got 3 non chocolate ones to open! I will be opening them on Snapchat and Instagram Stories every day, so go follow me on there!

08. Festive Lush Goodies
Who doesn't love Lush at Christmas? Everything just seems extra special and sparkly at this time of year.

09. Festive Scented Candles
I would light these all year round if I could but it just doesn't feel as right as it does at Christmas. This year I treated myself to the Yankee Candle Advent calendar (as mentioned here) and 2 festive smelling Yankee Candle jars in

10. Time Off
This year we are really blessed with the days in which Christmas falls and I can't wait to spend some quality time with my boyfriend. He always works 6 days a week, sometimes even 7, which means our time off together is pretty precious. Yes, we see each other of an evening but when you're pregnant it usually means a ridiculously early night. And by early I mean 7pm.. No joke.

What are you looking forward to this Christmas?


Love, Jo.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These are great, I pretty much do all of these things too! Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't found a festive jumper to fit me yet though! X

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig