It was a while ago that I met with the lovely Laura from Deciem who kindly sent me a couple of products to test. I explained to her about my combination skin and she suggested the Hylamide Finisher Matte 12 Primer* and am I so glad she did!

To be honest, at first I didn't really give it a proper chance. It would be the last thing I pulled out of my makeup bag, I am really not sure why, maybe the packaging just didn't stand out. Fickle, aren't I? But that was until I started to want something more from my current favourite primer. I don't know what it was, it kind of felt like it wasn't pulling its weight? Oh my! Am I honestly comparing a primer to a bad relationship? Yes, yes I am.

Anyway, I decided to give it a whirl.

I use it with Revlon's Colorstay Foundation for oily/combination skin and it works absolute wonders. The first day I properly wore it I went to touch my makeup up at lunchtime with some powder etc. And I looked in my compact and everything was still in place and practically perfect. I was absolutely amazed.

The product has no scent and it has a kind of a weird, thick consistency but on application it guides on so smoothly I could hardly tell I was wearing anything at all.

To apply; I just added a small amount to my fingertips and worked it lightly into my skin. Ta da!

I definitely recommend this product for fellow oily skin sufferers, you won't regret it. It is a little bit on the pricey side at £23 but only a small amount is needed each time so, you are guaranteed a lot of use out of one bottle.

I think it is important to note, that although this product was given to me free I also tried the Hylamide Finisher HA Blur Primer but I really didn't get a long with it. It left my skin feeling clogged and did nothing for my oiliness and pores. Well, you know, each to their own.

Have you tried this product yet? Let me know in the comments below if you have.

Love, Jo.



It was a while ago that I met with the lovely Laura from Deciem who kindly sent me a couple of products to test. I explained to her about my combination skin and she suggested the Hylamide Finisher Matte 12 Primer* and am I so glad she did!

To be honest, at first I didn't really give it a proper chance. It would be the last thing I pulled out of my makeup bag, I am really not sure why, maybe the packaging just didn't stand out. Fickle, aren't I? But that was until I started to want something more from my current favourite primer. I don't know what it was, it kind of felt like it wasn't pulling its weight? Oh my! Am I honestly comparing a primer to a bad relationship? Yes, yes I am.

Anyway, I decided to give it a whirl.

I use it with Revlon's Colorstay Foundation for oily/combination skin and it works absolute wonders. The first day I properly wore it I went to touch my makeup up at lunchtime with some powder etc. And I looked in my compact and everything was still in place and practically perfect. I was absolutely amazed.

The product has no scent and it has a kind of a weird, thick consistency but on application it guides on so smoothly I could hardly tell I was wearing anything at all.

To apply; I just added a small amount to my fingertips and worked it lightly into my skin. Ta da!

I definitely recommend this product for fellow oily skin sufferers, you won't regret it. It is a little bit on the pricey side at £23 but only a small amount is needed each time so, you are guaranteed a lot of use out of one bottle.

I think it is important to note, that although this product was given to me free I also tried the Hylamide Finisher HA Blur Primer but I really didn't get a long with it. It left my skin feeling clogged and did nothing for my oiliness and pores. Well, you know, each to their own.

Have you tried this product yet? Let me know in the comments below if you have.

Love, Jo.



2 comments

  1. Ooooh I'll need to give this a go! I really liked HA Blur but I'm really oily too-this may work even better!

    Beekeyper - Latest - The Ordinary-What's all the fuss about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stuff is absolutely amazing. I have never had a primer that has really controlled the oil as much as this one does. I am a little bit upset that I have nearly finished the tube!

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page