30 Oct 2016

Wishlist: Nursery Interiors Take One

I am kind of thinking I will need a few of these posts before I finally decide on anything concrete. I mean, work is still getting done in the house! I am a long way off before I can decorate anything! I have already made a pin board with some ideas so far, so bare with me.

  

I first saw this lamp on Pinterest and I loved it. It just lets off this lovely glow and is the perfect nightlight for any nursery.

If you are recently pregnant, or just had a baby I am sure you have probably heard of Ewan the Sheep. Ewan glows and plays soothing sounds to your baby to ease them off to sleep. One of the sounds is even and imitation of inside the womb?! I have heard really good things about this little chap so I think it will be £30 well spent.

How cute are these? I would even consider these just for a normal room or a party? I had the idea that maybe I could hang little polaroids from it and then as the baby gets older some of its art work? These are quite reasonably priced from John Lewis.

  
This is where I show I am a complete future parenting novice. I don't think I am alone when I say looking for stuff for a nursery is a little bit overwhelming. Lets face it, I need all the help I can get and this little bundle of everything is perfect. Mamas & Papas is an absolute godsend.

Keeping to the neutral theme. I didn't want no colour at all, like, completely white. So, I think these colours work quite well.

Our house is pretty old, which means wonky, uneven walls which makes wallpapering pretty much impossible, but I just love the idea of these simple sticker-like designs.

 
Another beauty from Mamas & Papas. Teal just seems the perfect colour for a gender neutral nursery. As you can tell from the next item, I couldn't decide on the rug, maybe I will just have the two?

I have always wanted one of these for our bedroom, but I think it will look even nicer in a nursery. I am a bit cautious that it's white, but fingers crossed we have no accidents. This rug is from The White Company.

Detail What nursery isn't complete without a set of shelves with hooks? This is so Pinterest worthy. I found these on notonthehighstreet, but they are quite expensive for what they are. I will definitely be on the look out for a cheaper alternative.

 
Details Our cot is actually white so I think the off-white/grey colour of this cot toy will look lovely. This is from The White Company.

For all our storage needs. I will more than likely be buying a couple of these for different parts of the house. These are also from The White Company and as much as I like them, they are a little bit pricey. I also like the less structured, rounder cloth storage bins, but I have yet to find one that doesn't have blue or pink accents!

I am also on the look out for a hot air balloon design ceiling light? If you know where I can find one, leave a comment below!


Love, Jo.



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Such gorgeous ideas! What a fab concept for a nursery ☺️ I'm looking forward to starting to really think about ours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so overwhelming. All I know is that it's going to be neutral because we aren't finding out the sex at the 20 week scan.. although I'm still on the fence!

      Delete
  2. So cute, love a neutral theme!

    Rachael xox
    http://gatsbyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig