Fall is the perfect time to talk about getting that glow, and do you know why? With Autumn comes incredibly dry, dull skin. I may have combination skin but as soon as it hits September I see myself reaching for the highlighter more and more.

So, here are some of my favourite highlighters.

Charlotte Tilbury's Bronze & Glow in Fair/Medium
Subtle, yet perfect for daytime wear. I love wearing this on a daily basis to work as it is not to bright and adds a lovely, subtle sheen. It is quite pricey, but I don't really wear any other product during the week.

Benefit's High Beam
High Beam is extremely bright, so only a little bit is needed, unless you want a more dramatic effect for a night out. I use the brush to spot it along my cheek bones and then use my fingertips or the Real Techniques Bold Metals 301 Flat Contour Brush to blend it in. Perfect.

Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl
This is my second favourite highlighter, although I am really not keen on the applicator. Instead of applying straight from the tip, I coat the end of my index finger with product and blend it in for that subtle, pinky glow.

Topshop's Glow Highlighter in Polish
I love using this highlighter on my eyelids too, it stays all day especially if I have primed using MAC Prep & Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base. It just applies so smoothly and the shade can be built on too, so depending on what look you are going for, it is a highlighter for any occasion.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow
This palette is absolutely stunning. I have used it on my eyes and cheeks and it is just amazing, and so versatile. It is quite big and because the colours are so pigmented I think this palette will last quite a long while.

What are your favourite highlighters to help you through the season?


Love, Jo.


Fall is the perfect time to talk about getting that glow, and do you know why? With Autumn comes incredibly dry, dull skin. I may have combination skin but as soon as it hits September I see myself reaching for the highlighter more and more.

So, here are some of my favourite highlighters.

Charlotte Tilbury's Bronze & Glow in Fair/Medium
Subtle, yet perfect for daytime wear. I love wearing this on a daily basis to work as it is not to bright and adds a lovely, subtle sheen. It is quite pricey, but I don't really wear any other product during the week.

Benefit's High Beam
High Beam is extremely bright, so only a little bit is needed, unless you want a more dramatic effect for a night out. I use the brush to spot it along my cheek bones and then use my fingertips or the Real Techniques Bold Metals 301 Flat Contour Brush to blend it in. Perfect.

Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl
This is my second favourite highlighter, although I am really not keen on the applicator. Instead of applying straight from the tip, I coat the end of my index finger with product and blend it in for that subtle, pinky glow.

Topshop's Glow Highlighter in Polish
I love using this highlighter on my eyelids too, it stays all day especially if I have primed using MAC Prep & Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base. It just applies so smoothly and the shade can be built on too, so depending on what look you are going for, it is a highlighter for any occasion.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow
This palette is absolutely stunning. I have used it on my eyes and cheeks and it is just amazing, and so versatile. It is quite big and because the colours are so pigmented I think this palette will last quite a long while.

What are your favourite highlighters to help you through the season?


Love, Jo.


2 comments

  1. I love the Anastasia highlight formula-it's like butter! I'm also rediscovering my love for Becca Opal - so beautiful. It definitely halts any dullness in its tracks!!

    Beekeyper - Latest - Tony Moly Egg Pore Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried anything by Becca. I think I may add that on to my Wishlist.

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page