FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

26 Oct 2016

5 Reasons Why I Love Blogging

I guess the title of this post is pretty self - explanatory. It is coming up to a year since Flourish & Blotting was first thought of and I just felt this would be the perfect post to kind of reflect on what I love about it.

  • The people I have moved around a lot in my life so having and keeping friends is pretty near impossible. Being honest, I very much like my own space, so I could be considered a terrible friend myself. But I love the interaction I get through this blog. I love replying to comments, even though I may seem a bit slow at first. I also love the community feeling you get from other bloggers, and nearly everyone I have encountered has been so supportive and ready to help if you need it.
  • Getting creative My job is probably the most uncreative one out there. Put it this way, I get really excited when I am given any document to pretty-igy. There really isn't much room for being creative as it is mostly just figures and word documents. Blogging really gives me the opportunity to let loose, dust off the ol' Paint Shop Pro and get down to it. I used to really enjoy making websites in my teens so this is nice throwback to that.
  • The opportunities Why lie? Even as a still relatively new blogger, this little corner of the internet I call Flourish & Blotting has already allowed for some pretty cool new experiences. Like, eating at the new Busaba in Liverpool, and getting my hair cut by Sassoon Salons! Fingers crossed for many more too.
  • Possible career options I would love nothing more than to do this for a living, and years ago when I was choosing what I wanted to be when I grew up, writer/journalist was always top of my list. Unfortunately, I don't think either will happen now for me, but blogging is the next best thing. It combines my love for writing, and my love of being nosey and sharing a little bit of my life.
  • Learning new things Probably one of the most important reasons for me is learning new things. Like, before, my blog my photography was absolutely shocking, no joke, check out my earlier Instagram feed if you don't believe me. Now, I have learnt to use a camera, probably not properly yet, but I am definitely getting there. It has also meant I have been able to brush up on old html skills which I was a bit of a whizz at nearly 10 years ago, and learn more and more about social media, which obviously, is amazing in the changing social climate.

Why do you love blogging?


Love, Jo.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Becoming a full time blogger would be the absolute dream for me too. Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how positive this post is and I would love to be a full time blogger as well, that's the dream! One of my favourite things about blogging is probably how it's improved my photography skills and how it's really ignited my love for taking photos :)

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I always try and take my camera everywhere with me now. You never know when it might come in handy!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig