Welcome to a new and very belated Weekly Edition. I ended up having an unplanned blogging break last week and to be honest, I hated it! I had every intention to come home after work and try and write up a few blog posts but I wasn't feeling my best and other life things kind of cropped up as they usually do.

So, with that in mind, on to my week(s)

01.  Obviously my biggest event last week was my weekend away. I loved it, we were so blessed with the weather, and the food was just glorious. I was going to write a blog post about it but all I did was eat A LOT, sleep, walk, repeat. Although, I don’t think I have eaten that well in ages. On Saturday I had the most perfect steak with onions rings and chips with pink salt. This was directly followed by the ‘gooeyest’ chocolate brownie ever. Breakfast on both days was a full English, obviously! And then on the Sunday night I had battered haddock, chips and mushy peas.

The room we stayed in wasn't that great, as in we had a leaky shower and there was quite a lot of damp, but other than that it was an ok hotel.

We also visited the nicest little towns and villages. If you are ever in the area of Malham I highly suggest visiting a little village called Downham. It is the most picturesque place I have ever been to, and it has a fabulous ice-cream shop. My personal recommendation would be the Malteser flavour.

02. I have actually been getting back into reading recently (Hey! It saves spending money that I am desperately trying to save! -insert money flying off emoji-) and I am feverishly trying to plough through all those half read books that have been sat on my shelves for ages. Look out for my new seasonal reading blog post series.

Side Note: I say about not spending money.. I did have a small splurge when buying my new phone case. It is just so SPARKLY.

03. It's safe to assume that last week I was worst blogger in history but I am determined to get back on track this week. I promise to pick a winner for my last giveaway, be a bit more active on social media and finally take some new blog snaps. I have just had a lot going on recently; I moved offices in work, which might not sound like a big deal but it was kind of stressful. However, I am pretty reassured that it is all going to work out fine! Plus I love my new office, I finally have a window!

04. Me and James have just started another series on Netflix, Narcos. At first I wasn't sure, it's hella brutal and a bit grim but oh so interesting. So if you are in the market for a new series I definitely recommend that one although it is a long way off from light viewing.

05.  Also, just out of good old curiosity, but is it too early to start writing Christmas blog posts...?


Love, Jo.



Welcome to a new and very belated Weekly Edition. I ended up having an unplanned blogging break last week and to be honest, I hated it! I had every intention to come home after work and try and write up a few blog posts but I wasn't feeling my best and other life things kind of cropped up as they usually do.

So, with that in mind, on to my week(s)

01.  Obviously my biggest event last week was my weekend away. I loved it, we were so blessed with the weather, and the food was just glorious. I was going to write a blog post about it but all I did was eat A LOT, sleep, walk, repeat. Although, I don’t think I have eaten that well in ages. On Saturday I had the most perfect steak with onions rings and chips with pink salt. This was directly followed by the ‘gooeyest’ chocolate brownie ever. Breakfast on both days was a full English, obviously! And then on the Sunday night I had battered haddock, chips and mushy peas.

The room we stayed in wasn't that great, as in we had a leaky shower and there was quite a lot of damp, but other than that it was an ok hotel.

We also visited the nicest little towns and villages. If you are ever in the area of Malham I highly suggest visiting a little village called Downham. It is the most picturesque place I have ever been to, and it has a fabulous ice-cream shop. My personal recommendation would be the Malteser flavour.

02. I have actually been getting back into reading recently (Hey! It saves spending money that I am desperately trying to save! -insert money flying off emoji-) and I am feverishly trying to plough through all those half read books that have been sat on my shelves for ages. Look out for my new seasonal reading blog post series.

Side Note: I say about not spending money.. I did have a small splurge when buying my new phone case. It is just so SPARKLY.

03. It's safe to assume that last week I was worst blogger in history but I am determined to get back on track this week. I promise to pick a winner for my last giveaway, be a bit more active on social media and finally take some new blog snaps. I have just had a lot going on recently; I moved offices in work, which might not sound like a big deal but it was kind of stressful. However, I am pretty reassured that it is all going to work out fine! Plus I love my new office, I finally have a window!

04. Me and James have just started another series on Netflix, Narcos. At first I wasn't sure, it's hella brutal and a bit grim but oh so interesting. So if you are in the market for a new series I definitely recommend that one although it is a long way off from light viewing.

05.  Also, just out of good old curiosity, but is it too early to start writing Christmas blog posts...?


Love, Jo.



Post a Comment

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page