7 Sep 2016

The Italy Diaries - Days 5, 6 & 7

Tiramisu & Nutella ice-cream from Fredo, Pienza

I can't quite believe it has taken me this long to write my final instalment of my Italy trip. You know what things are like though? Life gets in the way, I panic I am writing too much travel content and not enough beauty etc. etc.

Anywho! I am glad, and sad at the same time to be writing up my final few days of an absolutely amazing and memorable trip. On day 5 we decided to take it as a rest day. The sun was out after a couple of days of some slight drizzle, and what better way to spend it than by the pool. 

I had just finished my first book of the holiday; A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas and I had just started A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab, but you can catch up on all my holiday reads here. We both went for a swim, but other than that the only other reasons we moved that day were for food, drink or shelter from the sun for our afternoon nap.

We then had the most delicious bean and chorizo stew for dinner and cake for dessert. Always a winner if you ask me.

On day 6 we decided to visit a little town called Pienza which was about 45 minutes drive away. Now, it is probably about time I admit to getting pretty car sick, hence why we have spread our trips out over a few days. Normally, I am the perfect traveller. I never EVER get sick; planes, trains, cars, you name it, I can travel in them all, but when it comes to the Italian roads, well, lets just say they are very windy and incredibly unforgiving.

Although, you will be pleased to know I made it to Pienza in one piece. I have to say, as small as Piensa was it was absolutely magical (and had free parking) the streets were so small, quaint and filled to the rafters with boutiques, ice-cream parlours and rather stinky cheese shops.

We stopped for lunch at a place called Latte di Luna and had a selection of cheeses to start, and then we both chose pasta. James had an amazing pasta complete with truffle sauce. Don't you just hate it when you love the other persons dinner more than your own? Which wasn't to say that mine wasn't nice, of course!


We then went for more of a wander, stopping off for the obligatory ice-cream at Fredo (see featured image) Hands down, best ice-cream from the whole trip. I also tried to get James to take a couple of outfit shots, which were a complete disaster. This is where going on holiday with other bloggers would really come in handy. We then headed back for a bit more time by the pool, reading, relaxing and preparing for our last night!

We also enjoyed our last meal which was a kind of like a spicy steak casserole? It was absolutely delicious. A recipe in which we tried to replicate at home, but tasted nothing like it. I honestly couldn't say enough nice things about our stay in Dimora Santa Margherita. It was perfect, amazing, beautiful etc. etc. And Elisabetta and William were the absolute perfect hosts, including their two children and menagerie of animals.

It was then a very early start to get back to Pisa in time for our flight. It took us over 2 hours to drive to the airport, not because of any traffic just because of the sheer distance we were away from it.

I was fretting because I hadn't yet picked up any of my favourite Italian chocolate, and I was hoping they would have it in the airport. The first shop I went in was a complete bust, but I literally burst when I saw it in the 2nd. Anyone who has been to Italy and tried Bacci will know why I was so excited. They are like a nicer Ferrero Rocher (if that's even possible?!)

Our flight home was pretty uneventful. I carried on reading, sipping my last Italian coffee for a while whilst the holiday blues started to seep in. Although,  on a brighter note I was so happy to see my little Knox when we got home.

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed reading about my travels. I still have a trip to York coming up and then London in November, so keep your eyes peeled for more travel writings.



Love, Jo.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Glad you managed to find your chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Although I ran out of it a long time ago. If anyone is going to Italy anytime soon...!

      Delete
  2. That ice cream looks and sounds AMAZING! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it so was! If only you could get those sort of flavours in the UK..

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig