I always get a little bit excited when I am given the chance to try out a new mascara. Let’s face it, us girls are always on the look out for a product that makes for long, luscious lashes that can look completely au natural, but then built up to turn us into sultry evening goddesses.. This has yet to happen, and unfortunately L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Fatale Mascara isn’t the one that's going to do it for me.

Don’t get me wrong, the formula is so thick, and coats each lash just after one sweep, but the clumps! Oh! The clumps! Even curling and separating my lashes beforehand was just no match for how thick and gloopy this applied. It was pretty inconsistent too. Some days it would look ‘ok’ and other days I just couldn’t get it to look nice at all.
I think this was partly due to the wand. As you can see from the picture the bristles are really short which meant a lot of the time the product just built up between them, therefore it often made my lashes look stumpy, and I quite like my lashes to be natural with an almost feather like appearance? The only good points were that it only took one application to coat my lashes, albeit just the top ones, there was no way I was going to even try the bottom lashes in fear of looking like a right racoon. The black was just so pigmented that that was literally all I needed.

I also liked how this gave my eyes quite a dramatic effect with minimal effort (If you don’t take into account the 5 minutes each time I was trying to brush the clumps out afterwards) But with minimal application means that you are more likely to get more bang for your buck, even though you are effectively losing out on time. Silver linings and all that.

I also liked the design and colour of the packaging. It definitely appeals to my retro side.

Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?



Love, Jo.




I always get a little bit excited when I am given the chance to try out a new mascara. Let’s face it, us girls are always on the look out for a product that makes for long, luscious lashes that can look completely au natural, but then built up to turn us into sultry evening goddesses.. This has yet to happen, and unfortunately L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Fatale Mascara isn’t the one that's going to do it for me.

Don’t get me wrong, the formula is so thick, and coats each lash just after one sweep, but the clumps! Oh! The clumps! Even curling and separating my lashes beforehand was just no match for how thick and gloopy this applied. It was pretty inconsistent too. Some days it would look ‘ok’ and other days I just couldn’t get it to look nice at all.
I think this was partly due to the wand. As you can see from the picture the bristles are really short which meant a lot of the time the product just built up between them, therefore it often made my lashes look stumpy, and I quite like my lashes to be natural with an almost feather like appearance? The only good points were that it only took one application to coat my lashes, albeit just the top ones, there was no way I was going to even try the bottom lashes in fear of looking like a right racoon. The black was just so pigmented that that was literally all I needed.

I also liked how this gave my eyes quite a dramatic effect with minimal effort (If you don’t take into account the 5 minutes each time I was trying to brush the clumps out afterwards) But with minimal application means that you are more likely to get more bang for your buck, even though you are effectively losing out on time. Silver linings and all that.

I also liked the design and colour of the packaging. It definitely appeals to my retro side.

Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?



Love, Jo.




2 comments

  1. Not liking the sound of all those clumps- great review x
    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the L'oreal Designer Lash mascaras, but recently tried one, mega lash or something, it's a yellow and black tube. I felt exactly the same in that there's so much product on the wand, so I got lovely stumpy lashes full of product which was the 'volume' I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page