FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

28 Sep 2016

Makeup Medley No. #4

I haven't done a Makeup Medley in what feels like forever, my last post was back in April, I think? I am definitely long overdue in telling you what makeup I have been wearing on my face at the minute.

Eyes

One of my new favourite mascaras. This is definitely an oldie but a goodie.  After my review of MAC's False Lash Extreme Black Mascara I much prefer the feathery brush applicator compared to that of Benefit's They're Real Mascara.

in Brownie Points
I love this brow product. It is just so easy to use and the results are great for the time it takes you to apply. Admittedly my brows aren't as finished compared to when I use a pomade but at 6am, perfect brows are the last thing on my mind. I also set this with No. 7 Clear Gel (not pictured)

I definitely have a love hate relationship with this eyeliner. If I have the time to fiddle . To be honest, I much prefer my Soap & Glory Supercat liner, just for fluidity and quickness.

Base

My new favourite FAVOURITE primer. I love it so much I am even thinking about writing a separate review for it. As you may already know, I have quite oily skin, especially around my nose and forehead, and I struggle to find a primer and foundation that combat this, until now! It took me a while to start using it but when I looked in my compact at lunchtime to do that all important midday touch up I was so surprised that it really wasn't needed. I highly recommend this product for fellow oily skin sufferers.

in Sand Beige
Another oldie but goodie. I stopped repurchasing this because I am sure I got a faulty batch once and the texture and finish just wasn't the same. It was just so watery?! Anyway, I was running out of my Double Wear and I wanted to save a bit of money so I risked a repurchase, and I am glad I did! The range of shades is fantastic and the fact that this particular foundation is for oily/combination skin is great. Plus, the new pump applicator is amazing.

Highlight/Blush

in Fair/Medium
This palette is so subtle but offers so much! I used to love using Benefit's Hoola Bronzer but when I started using this I realised it was far too harsh for my skin tone. Don't get me wrong, I still use Hoola every now and again, but it just isn't the same. 

Lips

in Dolce
I love these lip products, I just wish I had more of them. I can't wait till ABH becomes more readily available in the UK market. I can just imagine me standing there all day swatching each and every one. Everything about this product is perfect; formulation, pigmentation and longevity. It is so comfortable to wear and barely needs a touch up. 

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the feeling of the Revlon foundation on the skin. I've just purchased it for the first time, but I'm not 100% sure I've got the right colour. Need to test it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is such a shame! Luckily I was pretty much the same shade as I was all those years ago!

      Delete
  2. I can't really go too heavy on the Hoola bronzer either otherwise it can make me look really ashy. I have so many CT products on my wishlist and the filmstar bronze and glow is up there! You've reminded me how badly I need to rebuy the S&G archery brow pencil! such a good'n! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Archery pencil is an absolute godsend. It is so quick and easy! Have you tried their Supercat liner? Another fab Soap & Glory product! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig