Hello! And welcome to another Weekly Edition! We are really flying through the months now, aren't we? It is rather scary! I have to admit I can't wait for autumn, winter and especially Christmas though.


Anyway, on to my week.

01. I splurged a little last week and bought myself a couple of things from the Tilbs. It was payday after all! I purchased the Goddess Skin Clay Mask (review coming soon) and a Matte Revolution lipstick in Amazing Grace. I also bought Tanya Bakes, a book I have been wanting for ages. I have decided that's my lot for the month though. But if I am going to be honest about it I should mention the garden storage shed we bought too. It has been on the cards for about a year, and we have desperately needed a place to store our wood for the burner and other bits. One piece of small advice; if you are putting something off as simple as that, do it! I can't even tell you how much better I felt after assembling it and putting all our garden junk in it, and all it took was a 20 minute trip to B&Q.

02. I had THE most relaxing Bank Holiday weekend ever. I actually didn't have the internet all of Sunday, which after I had gotten over my initial annoyance it was a bit of a godsend. I managed to finish one of the many books I had started at the beginning of the year (Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - I know! It has taken me an embarrassing 7 months to read) I just have to work extra hard today finishing all my blog stuff off for the majority of the week now.

03. This week also saw the start of some amazing TV (Well, I thought so!)  The Great British Bake Off started this week, and you will see me mentioning this a lot in all my social media. I also started the emotional rollercoaster that is the X-Factor. I am not usually a fan of this, but I am craving Christmas so much I just thought I would give it ago.  I also loved the start of Victoria, and cannot wait for Strictly Come Dancing to start next weekend, and don't get me started on Our Girl beginning again. I just know I have pretty much lost my whole weekend to TV now..

04. I also had a very creative week in the kitchen. I made Mickey shaped walnut shortbread, ginger cake and homemade Mac 'n' Cheese. I am also attempting home made quiche Lorraine today, wish me luck!

05.  I had a bit of rubbish week last week, not home related, but it was massively made better by National Burger Day and an impromptu date night at Byron's Liverpool. I had the B&A Burger, fries, Mac 'n' Cheese and the raspberry & white chocolate cheesecake for dessert, just for good measure obviously.


Love, Jo.




Hello! And welcome to another Weekly Edition! We are really flying through the months now, aren't we? It is rather scary! I have to admit I can't wait for autumn, winter and especially Christmas though.


Anyway, on to my week.

01. I splurged a little last week and bought myself a couple of things from the Tilbs. It was payday after all! I purchased the Goddess Skin Clay Mask (review coming soon) and a Matte Revolution lipstick in Amazing Grace. I also bought Tanya Bakes, a book I have been wanting for ages. I have decided that's my lot for the month though. But if I am going to be honest about it I should mention the garden storage shed we bought too. It has been on the cards for about a year, and we have desperately needed a place to store our wood for the burner and other bits. One piece of small advice; if you are putting something off as simple as that, do it! I can't even tell you how much better I felt after assembling it and putting all our garden junk in it, and all it took was a 20 minute trip to B&Q.

02. I had THE most relaxing Bank Holiday weekend ever. I actually didn't have the internet all of Sunday, which after I had gotten over my initial annoyance it was a bit of a godsend. I managed to finish one of the many books I had started at the beginning of the year (Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - I know! It has taken me an embarrassing 7 months to read) I just have to work extra hard today finishing all my blog stuff off for the majority of the week now.

03. This week also saw the start of some amazing TV (Well, I thought so!)  The Great British Bake Off started this week, and you will see me mentioning this a lot in all my social media. I also started the emotional rollercoaster that is the X-Factor. I am not usually a fan of this, but I am craving Christmas so much I just thought I would give it ago.  I also loved the start of Victoria, and cannot wait for Strictly Come Dancing to start next weekend, and don't get me started on Our Girl beginning again. I just know I have pretty much lost my whole weekend to TV now..

04. I also had a very creative week in the kitchen. I made Mickey shaped walnut shortbread, ginger cake and homemade Mac 'n' Cheese. I am also attempting home made quiche Lorraine today, wish me luck!

05.  I had a bit of rubbish week last week, not home related, but it was massively made better by National Burger Day and an impromptu date night at Byron's Liverpool. I had the B&A Burger, fries, Mac 'n' Cheese and the raspberry & white chocolate cheesecake for dessert, just for good measure obviously.


Love, Jo.




2 comments

  1. I love reading your 'weekly edition' posts:) I'm going to buy Tanya Bakes too, I really want to get back into baking!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much! Tanya Bakes is perfect for getting back into baking. It is not as scary as some of the other books out there. Each bake seems perfectly achievable, so far!

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page