5 Aug 2016

My July Favourites

I have been so excited to write my July favourites purely because I had the best June ever! It was my birthday month so I treated myself quite a lot. Well, you’re only 31 once!

My first favourite is my YSL card holder. I bought a new bag in Italy and my Mulberry purse just does not fit in there alongside some of my other essentials, so I treated myself to this. It really was a treat too. At £140 I would no way recommend anyone go out and buy this unless they had the cash to splash, or were struggling with a really small bag..
My first makeup favourite is the Too Faced Born This Way foundation. You can read my full review of it here. It has really good coverage and it is really easy to apply, which is definitely a bonus when you are getting up at 6am every day.

I have also been loving my Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks in Lolita II and Double Dare. I honestly couldn’t pick between the two, I love them both. I thought this favourite would be quite apt since it was revealed that Kat was bringing her line to the UK – cue happy dance. These lipsticks are so easy and comfortable to wear. You do after reapply after eating, but I would expect nothing less from any other lip product! The colours are just so beautiful and pigmented. Application is a little bit tricky if you are used to applying a block lipstick, but I managed to get used to it eventually.

Hylamide Matte 12 is a new favourite of mine. I have combination skin and this primer mattifies and keeps my makeup looking fresher than longer than all my other primers put together! I am desperate to try Hylamide HA Blur by the same brand.
The Primark pyjama range is just so on point at the minute. I have picked up some really nice pieces, like my shorts and cami set in floral blue and pink. Not to mention the most comfortable shirt nightie  (see image) going.

I think it wouldn’t be a July favourites without mentioning my Dyson Hair dryer. I just love how fast it dries my hair and how easy it is to use. I have also noticed a remarkable improvement in the condition of my hair too! The only downside to this is the price. It’s an expensive piece of kit and I am no hairdryer connoisseur. There might be better hairdryers out there for only a fraction of the cost.  You can read my full thoughts on it here.

I have been loving the new Orange is the New Black recently although, it has taken me a little bit longer to get into. I had such a hard time picking something entertainment related for this month’s favourites because I haven’t really watched a lot of television! You can’t go wrong with OITNB though.

And finally the blogger I have been absolutely obsessed with this month is Franny Mac. Her writing, design, everything really, is just so on point!

Can you believe after writing this it has already got me thinking about my August favourites! It will be Christmas before we know it. Anyway, what have you been loving this month?


Love, Jo.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Thank you so so much for including me <3
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Where is Kat von D releasing her products? Also is there a too faced counter near you? I want to try the Born this way foundation but idk what shade I'd be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is releasing them in Debenhams. You can get Too Faced products from there too :)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig