31 Aug 2016

My August Favourites

Welcome to another monthly favourites. I have had a relatively quiet August hence why my August favourites will probably reflect that!


01. Charlotte Tilbury's Goddess Skin Clay Mask. This was quite a late on purchase but I already love it. I love everything about it, the scent, the texture, and the overall feeling of my skin after application. It is hella' pricey but I would like to think it's worth it. I will be writing a full review of it soon.

02. Again, my Tanya Bakes book was another last minute August purchase but it definitely deserves a place in my favourites. The book itself is absolutely stunningly put together and all the recipes are so simple and doable, even for the most amateur baker. I love how it covers all aspects of baking too; breads, desserts, biscuits etc. I have already baked shortbread and a ginger loaf out of it, and both have turned out relatively well.

03. You wouldn't believe the trouble I went to to get Disney's Cogsworth Clock. When I visited Florida last year all that was available was Lumiere, so suffice to say when he was released on my return I was a little bit disappointed. Anyway, after waiting about a year and getting an online discount code I finally caved, bought him and paid the extortionate cost of American shipping and handling. In the end I think it was all worth it because I love him so much. He is such a classy piece of Disney homeware, and looks great next to my bed.

04. My August scent of choice is Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. You can read my full review of it here.

05. It would't be an August favourites without The Great British Bake Off. It makes my year when this is on and gives me great inspiration for my bakes. I feel like I have already upped my baking game and moved onto more savoury things, like my Mac n Cheese. I really want to become a bit more adventurous, but I absolutely hate failed cakes.

06. Disney Minnie Beauty by Sephora collection is definitely deserving of its place in my August favourites, even though I still haven't built up the courage to use the lipstick yet.

07. The Blogger Blog Awards. This was a given, wasn't it? I am still in disbelief that I was shortlisted and it has definitely been my blogging highlight for the WHOLE YEAR. I could use all the help I can get though, so please vote for me here.

And that's it. What have you been loving this month?



Love, Jo.



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really want some of the Minnie Disney Collection, it looks so cute and im a Disney freak xhttps://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really good quality too. I mean, I can't speak for the longevity of the lipstick YET but the eyeshadows are gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Tanya Bakes is such a good book and filled with so many amazing recipes!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I can't wait to bake more from it this weekend! x

      Delete
  3. That clock is too darn cute <3 Love how diverse your favourites list is :)

    https://anordinarygalblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I didn't think you could fall in love with an inanimate object, until now! Thank you so much! I think if I just did beauty stuff it would get a little boring! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig