..Or easy for that matter. I honestly thought that by now I would be living in a mansion with a menagerie of animals. It's funny how life turns out, isn't it?

So here are a few of my hopes and dreams from a retrospective 8 year old me.

I wanted to be a dolphin trainer but my aspirations of the marine life quickly turned to journalism, then veterinary surgeon. Clearly I am nearly there working in administration..

I was a bit of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer nerd whilst growing up (I had the dolls and everything) and I completely believed I could be the next crime fighting, demon killing slayer..

I honestly thought my love life would be the storyline from She's All That. Besides the fact that I went to an all girls school, I thought my very own Freddie Prinze Jnr would come in and sweep me off my feet. As you can tell from my surname, he never materialised. And that's not to say I am not happy with James! Far from it! But if Freddie called..

I thought the Furby and Tamagotchi phase would last forever, possibly even taking over actual pet owning. Boy! I'm glad it didn't too, I wouldn't change my Knox for the world.

By now my younger self definitely envisioned I would have a stable full of horses and ponies by now. I rode horses for 8 years and completely believed the world I read about in my Saddle Club books would be the life I would have. The last time I rode a horse was about 6 years ago now and it kept trying to throw me off! Suffice to say, I haven't ridden since.

Maths never got any easier. Fact.

My home doesn't resemble a Disney grotto either. Small fact; I went to Disney World every year with my family from the age of 2 to like, 11. I always wanted my future house to be completely decked out with mugs, rugs and anything else you can imagine. Meeting a sensible man has put a complete cabosh on those plans. Unfortunately..

Please reassure me that I wasn't a completely deluded 8 year old. What were your hopes and dreams?


Love, Jo.



..Or easy for that matter. I honestly thought that by now I would be living in a mansion with a menagerie of animals. It's funny how life turns out, isn't it?

So here are a few of my hopes and dreams from a retrospective 8 year old me.

I wanted to be a dolphin trainer but my aspirations of the marine life quickly turned to journalism, then veterinary surgeon. Clearly I am nearly there working in administration..

I was a bit of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer nerd whilst growing up (I had the dolls and everything) and I completely believed I could be the next crime fighting, demon killing slayer..

I honestly thought my love life would be the storyline from She's All That. Besides the fact that I went to an all girls school, I thought my very own Freddie Prinze Jnr would come in and sweep me off my feet. As you can tell from my surname, he never materialised. And that's not to say I am not happy with James! Far from it! But if Freddie called..

I thought the Furby and Tamagotchi phase would last forever, possibly even taking over actual pet owning. Boy! I'm glad it didn't too, I wouldn't change my Knox for the world.

By now my younger self definitely envisioned I would have a stable full of horses and ponies by now. I rode horses for 8 years and completely believed the world I read about in my Saddle Club books would be the life I would have. The last time I rode a horse was about 6 years ago now and it kept trying to throw me off! Suffice to say, I haven't ridden since.

Maths never got any easier. Fact.

My home doesn't resemble a Disney grotto either. Small fact; I went to Disney World every year with my family from the age of 2 to like, 11. I always wanted my future house to be completely decked out with mugs, rugs and anything else you can imagine. Meeting a sensible man has put a complete cabosh on those plans. Unfortunately..

Please reassure me that I wasn't a completely deluded 8 year old. What were your hopes and dreams?


Love, Jo.



6 comments

  1. Growing up is such a hassle. I would love to stay like 18 or something. :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It really is, isn't it? Only now do I realise that more than ever!

      Delete
  2. I feel you... Growing up never easy most specially if most of the things we have dream of and look forward didnt turn into a reality.
    I have always dream of a simple house with a garden with lots pretty flowers and fancy tea time moments with "Mr Right" and family. However, even how simple it was I still have not achieve those dreams. Im still hoping though. :)

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely keep that dream alive. It sounds absolutely perfect, and bound to happen one day soon :)

      Delete
  3. I'm still trying to grow my Disney mug collection, Growing up be damned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend has put a ban on Disney mugs for the foreseeable future.. Big huffs.

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page