FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

4 Jul 2016

The Weekly Edition #18

What a week last week was. I went back to work after the most amazing time in Italy, although now it feels like about, 10 lifetimes ago. I got some exciting emails and I attended an amazing event at Hob Salons where I had a pretty cool blow dry and the all important glass of midweek prosecco. Nothing ever tastes as good as that, does it?

Anyway, on to the details.

01.  I went out for a family meal on Thursday to Delifonseca, Liverpool, and oh my! The food was so delicious. I would have taken pictures but it was just one of the many occasions where I just couldn't wait. I ate the beer battered haddock with chunky chips, mushy peas and tarter sauce with a little nibble on James's veal. Then for dessert I shared the passion fruit cheesecake.. Although I could have definitely eaten a whole one.

02.  Flourish & Blotting has had another redesign. This one is a keeper though, promise! I have so many new things planned. I have spent the whole of the weekend writing, updating, taking pictures etc. With only the occasional break to go to Dobbies Garden Centre, do the housework, and bake a cake.

03. I am back to wearing my regular work clothes again. The English weather is horrible at the minute. I did have a pretty big pyjama Primark spree not long ago and picked up some lovely bits, including the comfiest shirt nightie ever!

04. I am really loving my new Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer. Yes, you heard me right. I was so so lucky enough to be invited to an event through Boots where I was given one. It was only a few weeks ago that I mentioned it on my hair care lust list. Suffice to say, I now have a pretty redundant ghd Air that I will more than likely be selling on eBay.

05. I am still reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. It's one of my summer reads and I am really loving it at the moment, even though it is a little bit darker than what I am used to.

06.  I have been listening to Nao. I first heard her song 'Bad Blood' on Radio 1 and I really liked it. If you like chilled out music, she's the gal for you. There is definitely hints of The Weeknd and TLC there.

07. I have been watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix. I know, I took the plunge! I have been pretty restrained though and I am only 3 episodes in. I've not yet decided if I like series 4 yet, but I am giving it a chance.

08. I really want an initialed phone case. I saw a girl with one on the train the other day and I just thought it looked so smart! I wouldn't even know where to begin looking. Suggestions in the comments box below please!

09. I am planning not a lot really. I have this Saturday to myself so I am very excited to order pizza, watch all the Netflix and just chill with Knox.

10. I've been feeling really tired. Maybe it's the holiday blues really settling in? I guess I have had quite a busy week. Dinner and a trip to an event in Hale hardly sounds busy but, with trying to update Flourish & Blotting and some things really not working out (which actually led to me having a whole blogging/social media break on Friday) it has been quite tiresome and almost irksome. Fingers crossed for a better week next week

Well, that's it for another Edit. How was your week?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aaaaah, I love the redesign, very swish!

    Becca
    http://www.beccasfashionandlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much Becca!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig