FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

27 Jul 2016

Review: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

I have been using Too Faced Born This Way foundation for over a month now and I thought it was about time I shared my thoughts on it.

Before trying Born This Way I definitely classed myself as a Double Wear girl through and through. Now, I am not so sure. I have combination skin, and my T-Zone is particularly oily especially during the summer months.

This foundation has fantastic coverage, even using just a little bit, and it is even better to build on. I picked up the shade; Warm Beige as I had just come back from Italy and I had a bit of a tan. Now my tan is fading, I have started using The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops which seems to do the trick. Well, until I can afford to go travelling again!

After priming with my favourite Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Erasing Primer I apply the foundation using a Sigma Beauty F80 - Flat Kabukitm brush and buff it lightly into my skin. It glides on so easily, and leaves an almost flawless finish. I rarely have to touch it up with powder during the day, and it doesn't turn cakey like some other foundations I have tried.

I have also used this foundation with Sephora's Beauty Amplifier Pore & Fine Line Filler, Nyx Pore Filler and Too Faced Hangover Primer and it works with all 3.  I love a good primer, me. You can read my Too Faced Hangover Primer review here.

I love the fact that it comes with a pump top too. I still can't believe some brands charge extra for such a necessity! And need I say anything about the packaging? Everything by Too Faced is just so sleek and luxe.

It is a little bit expensive at £29 a bottle, but a little seems to go a very long way. It has quite a thick consistency and blends really well. I have had this for a month and I have barely used any.

Anyway, I think this will be a definite repurchase of mine, despite the price tag. I think I may even like it more than my Estee Lauder Double Wear.. Has anyone else tried Born This Way? What did you think?


Love, Jo.




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have not tried any Too Faced products yet as they are a tad bit out of my budget! Although I love reading their reviews. This one sounds like a lovely product :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are really pricey, but the two things I own (The Hangover Primer) is really good. I think this foundation will last me a good while!

      I have a competition starting tomorrow to win a Too Faced eye shadow palette! You should enter xx

      Delete
  2. I've tried a sample of this foundation before and I love it! I want to try the shade Ivory to see if it matches better with my skin, because Porcelain was *slightly* pink on my skin. Fingers crossed the new colour works for me!

    Stephii Mattea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Porcelain was too pink on my skin too! I definitely need Ivory now I have lost my summer holiday tan!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig