13 Jul 2016

Review: Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer

So, I mentioned in one of my previous Weekly Editions that I was lucky enough (bloomin' very lucky) to receive a new Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. It was completely out of the blue but a very big thanks goes to Boots and Hob Salons.

This isn't a sponsored post as the review I was expected to write was for completely different website, and separate to Flourish & Blotting. However, I just wanted to write a review that was accessible to the readers of this blog in particular as I myself haven't seen much written about this particular hairdryer yet.

Admittedly, it is an expensive piece of kit, and I probably couldn't have afforded it myself as you probably know if you read my recent hair care lust list. But if you really want to spoil yourself, I say go for it, but not if it will bankrupt you first!

Firstly, the hairdryer itself is not so much soundless, but a different kind of noise? The noise is a little less invasive than your usual hairdryer, especially at 6:30 in the morning! It is definitely quieter though.

It has adjustable power and heat settings which is good. I didn't really think I would use the lower settings but I actually did, especially when it came to setting my hair. These settings can be adjusted by some very sleek buttons found on the pink end of the main barrel. (see featured image)

The only trouble I had was getting used to how to hold it as the air is pulled in from the base of the handle. All that means is you just have to hold it a little bit more higher up than you usually would.

It is extremely lightweight, especially if you are comparing it to the ghd Air, which I am. And the size is just perfect, especially for travelling. It has a nice, long cord too which I love on any electrical device.

It came with 2 nozzles and a diffuser, which is great. Usually when purchasing a hairdryer all the attachments come at an extra cost. What is amazing about the nozzles is that they are magnetic, so removing and replacing them is just so easy, and a feature which I haven't seen before. For someone a bit clumsy, and prone to burning ones self, it was a little bit of a godsend.

To dry my hair, I just blast dried it at the highest settings with no nozzle whilst brushing it through every now and again. Once it was dry, if not still slightly damp, I attached a slim nozzle and separated parts of my hair to blow dry straight. I haven't yet used the diffuser, but I am very excited to try that out.

Overall my hair came out so nice, and the style held with minimal use of hair straighteners. I loved how easy it was for me to use too. Usually I just blast dry my hair and hope for the best, especially when it comes to the back of my hair. Geez. I usually look like Cousin It dragged through a hedge backwards, and that's when I have made an effort!

Anyway, I loved how it dried my hair in super quick time, and how healthy it felt afterwards. If you want anymore info on it you can visit the Dyson website.


Love, Jo.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig