2 Jul 2016

Recipe: Biscoff Cheesecake

I love a good cheesecake me. I have yet to try a baked cheesecake yet, that is definitely one for the bucket list. Admittedly, no bake cheesecakes are the best. No fuss, hardly any mess, 4-6 hours in the fridge and ta-dah!

And this one is especially easy to make if you are baking this weekend.

Ingredients

Biscuit Base
150g Digestives
150g Lotus/Biscoff Biscuits
150g Butter, Melted

Cheesecake Filling
2x280g Cream Cheese
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
100g icing sugar
300ml Double Cream
250g Biscoff Cookie Butter (usually found with the jams)

Decoration
12 Lotus/Biscoff Biscuits

Method

01. Use a rolling pin and crush both of the biscuits for the base until they are a fine crumb. You can also do this in a food processor if you are that lucky enough to own one. Mix with the melted butter and press down firmly into a Springform Tin. This recipe makes quite a lot, so the size of your tin doesn't really matter so much. If you are unsure.. 'Cake size' is fine

02. Put the biscuit base in the fridge to cool whilst you are making the filling.

03. With an electric mixer (I use my KitchenAid) mix the cream cheese, vanilla, icing sugar and cookie butter until smooth – then mix in the double cream and whisk until its thick and holds itself completely.

04. Spread the mixture evenly over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for at least 3 - 4 hours, but preferably overnight.

05. Remove from the tin and decorate how you like. I sprinkled mine with crushed biscuit and whole lotus biscuits. You could also do something fancy with whipped cream, but believe me, this dessert is sweet enough.

And enjoy!

I realised last night that I hadn't done a recipe post in a while, even though I posted this picture on Instagram ages ago! There will definitely be more of these to come.


Love, Jo.



SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Mmmm that looks very yummy =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO yummy. And no fat.. kidding! I wish!

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing! Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! P.S. Loving the new blog look x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really was. I just need another excuse to make it again.. or not! Ha!

      Delete
  4. I have some Biscoff spread that my parents absolutely hate, but I think it's only because they don't know what to spread it on! I reckon they'd love this cheesecake!

    Imogen // imogenscribbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I gave this to my 'in-laws' and they absolutely loved it!

      Delete
  5. Ohh, this sounds and looks so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! It really was delicious. I only wish I had some right now!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig