FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

20 Jul 2016

My Italian Sephora Haul

I think it is safe to assume I went a little cray in Sephora whilst on holiday. Well, what do you expect?! I still don’t understand why we don’t have them in the UK.. I am guessing it is something to do with licensing? If anyone actually knows, please enlighten me in the comments below! So, besides being a little bit disappointed that they didn’t stock Anastasia Beverly Hills, I spent a good chunk (all) of my holiday spends in there.


So, this is what I picked up;

Glam Glow YouthMud - I actually grabbed this product first. I have been wanting to try Glam Glow in like, forever. Pretty much ever since I saw it on the shelves in Space NK where it was promptly returned to said shelf due to the price. This is a travel sized version, and although it was still quite expensive, it was a bit more palletable? I was so hoping I would hate it, but turns out I actually really like it. On the jar it says to expect a tingling feeling, but it is more like stinging! Maybe I was a bit too overzealous with the application? Anyway, after 10 minutes I washed it off and I really loved how my skin felt. It kind of made me think the price tag was kind of worth it in the end.

Sephora's Ultimate Warming Cleanser - This was a last minute till purchase as the whole Sephora facial cleansing range was on offer, and I thought ‘Why not?’ To apply, your face and hands must be dry and then the product is worked into the skin forming a small lather. It heats up only slightly but it doesn’t half make my skin feel cleansed and ready for a face full of makeup. It’s especially nice to use first thing in the morning as it is quite a thick consistency and it really feels like a mini pre-work pamper in a bottle.

Aloe Vera Hand and Rose Face Masks - These aren’t really new to me. I got the Lingzhi Face Mask when I went to New York, and I really loved it. The Rose mask was the only one that was in stock but I didn’t mind since I have been suffering from dry skin recently. These items are so luxe and feel like they should be more expensive than they actually are. These are definitely a Sephora basket staple.

Sephora Makeup Palette in 'Nude' - I had heard really good things about Sephora eye shadows and I really wanted to make my own palette but the choice was just too great, and I had an impatient boyfriend wanting his first Italian ice cream, so I had to be quick. I picked up this one because I felt the lighter one was just *too* light? Anyway, I love it. It’s perfect for any occasion, the packaging is really chic, and all the colours are just magnificent.

Sephora Rouge in 'Charmer' - This has to be my favourite Sephora lip purchase, it is matte but so moisturising. It is a deeper pink but not too bright and it's perfect for any time of day as it is so fresh looking. I can also see myself wearing this colour in the winter too. Well, you can never go wrong with a deep pink nude! I think it is quite similar to MAC’s Brave,  although, I might be wrong since I don’t even own that colour!

Lip Liner To Go in '12: Vintage Pink' - I was actually a little bit disappointed with this product. I got the recommendation off a YouTuber before I left and I was super excited about trying it out. Unfortunately it just caked up, didn’t apply evenly, and basically looked a little bit rubbish. But like I have mentioned in previous beauty posts I love using lip pencils as actual solid lip colours just because they tend to last longer and are much more pigmented. The silver lining is that it is the perfect liner for my new Sephora lipstick (see above)

(Cream Lip Stain in '05' - Sephora 'Rouge' Lipstick - Lip Liner To Go in 12: Vintage Pink)

Cream Lip Stain in '05' - Another disappointing purchase. I am not doing very well am I? I was really surprised at how un-pigmented this was. However, I think I swatched something else and then the wrong product was in its place - Insert unimpressed emoji face right here - Never mind. It is still quite a pretty pink and very comfortable to wear.


Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - Ok, technically I didn’t buy this in Sephora, but just after I got back I immediately noticed my Double Wear was far too light for me and it gave me the perfect excuse to try this foundation out. I will be writing a full review on this product next week.

Beauty Amplifier Pore & Fine Line Filler - This is such a good primer. It definitely rivals my Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser primer staple, so much so I kind of wished I had bought another one now! The consistency and premise of the product is very much like Benefit’s Porefessional but at a fraction of the price.

I also ended up picking up a pair of tweezers too because of course, I had forgotten mine! And that's it! Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of the products above!

I am so glad I have finally written this post up because I will shortly be receiving some other Sephora goodies which a friend kindly picked up for me from America. Excited is an understatement!


Love, Jo.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Eeeee so jealous of your haul, looks like you picked up some fantastic bits!
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I really did! The only thing that really let me down was the lip pencil so I can't complain! X

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig