FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

20 Jun 2016

The Weekly Edition #16

So I am writing this live from Italy!  We almost thought we wouldn't make it what with the Italian and French air strikes and all. The best we could ask for was the one hour delay before take off which was fine, I still made it to Sephora in good time..!

So, here is what I have been loving/doing last week;

01.  I haven't eaten much again this week thanks to the aftermath of the bug I had the previous week. Although, I think this holiday is going to change that. I have already had the most stupendous ice creams and ate boar for the first time on Saturday.

02.  Apparently it's meant to rain for the next 2 days here (but it doesn't look like it from where I am sitting!) so it will give me lots of time to write for Flourish & Blotting.  I am loving travel writing at the minute - did you check out my London Diaries? It's just a shame that this is *potentially* my last holiday for the year.. But who knows?

03. I have finally been able to break out my summer clothes and I have been wearing little skirts and bandeau tops. It is so nice for my skin to see the sunshine for the first time this year! I was planning on doing a holiday look book post, but so far I have taken NO outfit shots.. Going well then.

04. I am really loving my new spectacles! Yes! They finally arrived in the post, and what a service! I mentioned in my London Diaries that I happened across a shop in Soho that did mail order glasses for a very reasonable price. Obviously I didn't want to say too much just in case it wasn't that great but there will be a picture to follow, and if anyone is in the market for new 'gigs' (Northern slang) let me know in the comments.

05. This week I have been reading A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas. This is the 2nd book in the series, and if you haven't already read A Court of Thorn and Roses, you really must. I am a closet novel fantasist, I love anything a bit dystopian. It is such an easy read and you just fall in love with the characters and their quirks. I am currently putting together my summer holiday reading list which will be posted sometime this week.

06.  I have been listening to Spotify. Why did no one tell me about this before? I have paid for the premium subscription, just whilst I'm away. It's perfect if you can't be bothered/don't have time to always be updating your music.

07. I have been watching all the Sabrina the Teenage Witch's again. I got the box set like, 2 Christmases ago and I love it. Salem is definitely my favourite character.

08. I really want a new foundation. I know, I love my Double Wear as much as the next beauty blogger, but every now and again I like to mix it up. Has anyone tried the Too Faced Born This Way foundation

09. I am planning not a lot really. It's kind of nice to just live in the moment, especially whilst I am here! I know when I get home I will have a 'To Do' list as long as my arm, (arms and legs put together more like) but it is just nice to kind of forget about that for now.

10. I've been feeling really relaxed since getting here. As you may have noticed from above, I have started reading again. It's just such a luxury to me, and I never get time to do it at home what with running around after a cat and boyfriend. I am hoping to read three books this week, yep! I won't be talking to James the whole time I am here!

Well, that's it for another Edit. How was your week?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've been wanting to rewatch Sabrina the teenage witch for so long. How did you find the taste of boar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the 2nd season now, or I was before I left. It's still so relevant even 15 years on! I loved boar. It was like a more tender piece of pork

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig