As you may, or may not know that my birthday was on Monday and for that me and my boyfriend decided to go to London for the weekend. I used to live down there and I miss it terribly, so it's always a treat when I get to go back there.


We travelled up on the Saturday morning with pastries and coffee in hand and checked into the Hilton, Canary Wharf.  Now, when I used to live in London it was very rare that I would even venture up this way, but oh my! I was certifiably impressed, and what a hotel! The room was huge and comfortable for an inner city hotel, and the breakfast was a tasty treat of cooked and continental style.

Once checked in and unpacked, we went and had a look at the Mr Porter London Nocturne that was going on around Cheapside. This is where I add that the secret of a successful relationship is compromise, or the real secret was that he promised me I could go shopping the next day. I'm not really a bike person but it was actually pretty interesting. My favourite race was the fold out bike race. It was hilarious watching grown men in specially designed cycling work wear competitively race each other around the circuit. Cue cheeky monkey emoji.

After shaking our complimentary cowbells till we could no more we went for dinner at The Diner in Covent Garden. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was so relaxed, even for a Saturday night! If you want a real American dining experience that isn't particularly over the top, The Diner is perfect.

After perusing the menu over a delicious mojito, I chose the Diner Dog, a side of mac n cheese and sweet potato fries. James also reassured me that the Cheeseburger is pretty darn good too.

It was then off to the theatre to see The Book of Mormon, and after spending a small house deposit at the bar we took our seats and opened up the Percy Pigs. Now, I am not particularly into that sort of humour but I did find myself laughing out loud probably when I shouldn't be, and admiring how clever the whole thing was. The whole show was amazingly executed, the actors so talented, and thoroughly deserving of their standing ovation at the end.

When we got back to the hotel, I made sure I made a list of all the shops I wanted to visit, including bakeries and food places. Preparation is key when you are in London.

Stay tuned for day two!

Love, Jo.



As you may, or may not know that my birthday was on Monday and for that me and my boyfriend decided to go to London for the weekend. I used to live down there and I miss it terribly, so it's always a treat when I get to go back there.


We travelled up on the Saturday morning with pastries and coffee in hand and checked into the Hilton, Canary Wharf.  Now, when I used to live in London it was very rare that I would even venture up this way, but oh my! I was certifiably impressed, and what a hotel! The room was huge and comfortable for an inner city hotel, and the breakfast was a tasty treat of cooked and continental style.

Once checked in and unpacked, we went and had a look at the Mr Porter London Nocturne that was going on around Cheapside. This is where I add that the secret of a successful relationship is compromise, or the real secret was that he promised me I could go shopping the next day. I'm not really a bike person but it was actually pretty interesting. My favourite race was the fold out bike race. It was hilarious watching grown men in specially designed cycling work wear competitively race each other around the circuit. Cue cheeky monkey emoji.

After shaking our complimentary cowbells till we could no more we went for dinner at The Diner in Covent Garden. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was so relaxed, even for a Saturday night! If you want a real American dining experience that isn't particularly over the top, The Diner is perfect.

After perusing the menu over a delicious mojito, I chose the Diner Dog, a side of mac n cheese and sweet potato fries. James also reassured me that the Cheeseburger is pretty darn good too.

It was then off to the theatre to see The Book of Mormon, and after spending a small house deposit at the bar we took our seats and opened up the Percy Pigs. Now, I am not particularly into that sort of humour but I did find myself laughing out loud probably when I shouldn't be, and admiring how clever the whole thing was. The whole show was amazingly executed, the actors so talented, and thoroughly deserving of their standing ovation at the end.

When we got back to the hotel, I made sure I made a list of all the shops I wanted to visit, including bakeries and food places. Preparation is key when you are in London.

Stay tuned for day two!

Love, Jo.



6 comments

  1. So jealous you got to see The Book Of Mormon, I went two years back and I've been itching to go back ever since!
    Looks like you had a fabulous birthday :)
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, even though I did get red wine tipped down me! Ha! I forgot to mention that in my blog. It really was good. x

      Delete
  2. Eeh, I can't wait for part two, sounds like you had a perfect birthday weekend :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good Luli! Funny though, I always thought I would want to move back, but I actually don't! I would like to visit a bit more often though x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had such a nice time. It's always reassuring to visit a place you used to live, as all the memories start flooding back :) That little charm is too cute! Happy belated birthday, lovely xx

    http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice a nice trip and actually really relaxing. I have had this charm for like, a year, and I've finally decided to do something with my Pandora bracelet finally! x

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page