FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

12 Jun 2016

Summer Hair by Sassoon Salons

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to an event with Sassoon, Liverpool as a way of introducing their new line of System Professional (Torque) products for SS16.  Actually, it was brilliant timing since I was desperately in need of a bit of a hair update as I was going to London that weekend, and it was my birthday on the Monday.

Now, as a beauty blogger I really don't give my hair as much attention as my face, which is weird since it plays such a big part of how I'm feeling. Let's face it, a bad hair day puts us all in that 'woe is me, I'm such a pond monster' slump.

After settling in with a welcome peppermint tea I had an excellent colour consultation with Isla (who was the sweetest, and gave me some great ideas of what to do in London that weekend) we decided on something that was quite natural and glossy. Although, I am thinking of going more daring next time and opting for a more balayage blonde type of style. We shall see! But when you start bleaching your hair, that's when you really have to start looking after it, and sometimes when I get up at 6am for work everyday, it's the last thing on my mind. I just love how healthy it feels when it is dark.

After having my hair shampooed, I had a treatment put on my hair, and I couldn't recommend the treatment enough. I think it was a colour save/conditioning one, but this will be dependant on your type of hair, and what you are getting done. It made my hair so luxe and manageable. It also smelled delicious and good enough to eat.


Next Adam cut my hair, and what a fantastic job he did. I have really thick, wavy hair, but he styled it in a way that has made it so much more manageable without a pair of thinning scissors in sight. I opted for a long bob, with layers, and a side fringe. I love it. He really understood what I wanted from the haircut. To finish Adam tonged it to create loose, beachy waves which was perfect as it was cracking the flags outside.

Left to right: H2 Hydrate Conditioner moisturises and helps prevent dryness - L4 Reconstructive Elixir protects keratin - C1 Colour Save Shampoo prolongs luminosity and protects keratin structure for colour safe cleansing.

I did think by going shorter it might make me look older, or give me a lack of styling options, but it has really opened the door for me to be a bit more experimental. I was then given all the products they used on my hair that day using my hair energy code, so I can style it as effortlessly at home too (well, I can try!)

This whole experience made it into my May favourites  as I was so well looked after by Isla and Adam, they really worked wonders on my hair. They were completely realistic when it came to what I wanted, and what was achievable. The atmosphere was great, and the actual products used on my hair were fabulous. I cannot thank the team from Sassoon Metquarter enough, and Jess at Carousel for inviting me.

So, if you like the sound of it, and you want to treat yo'self, you can book yourself in at the Liverpool branch by ringing this number; 0151 227 1450

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig