FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

25 Jun 2016

My Perfect Summer Scents

Lately I have become a bit more interested in perfume and scent layering etc. I don't know what drove me to it particularly, it just sort of happened. I am usually the one perfume kind of gal, only really getting them as gifts every birthday or Christmas, which was fine until I decided I wanted my own perfumerie in my bathroom cupboard.

Anyway, to those who are wanting something new for summer, these are my top picks.

Jo Malone Nashi Blossom Cologne

I think I have mentioned this in my May Favourites but it is definitely worth mentioning again. This scent is so fresh and subtle. It is not too overpowering, sweet, or overly floral. It is just perfect, like most Jo Malone fragrances.

Chanel Chance Eau Vive

The newest of the Chanel fragrances and probably my favourite. My signature scent used to be Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche for a good while before this came out, and I think I have been converted. Again, this is a lovely fresh scent, and you are probably by now noticing a theme. It is a little bit pricey but so worth it for the longevity and deepness of the scent.

The Body Shop White Musk Libertine Eau De Toilette

Suprising, I know! My last, and lingering memory of The Body Shop fragrances and White Musk wasn't particularly pleasant. This scent is completely different to back then though. It is a lot more luxe and clearly more layered than it used to be. It is also a bit more purse friendly if you don't want to go all out and drop £50 on a new fragrance.

Elie Saab L'eau Couture Perfum

This is obviously not pictured as I just recently picked this up from the airport as part of my Duty Free Lust List. It's so beautiful and summery. It is one of those perfumes that I catch the scent of whilst I am wearing it and love it even more. It has more florally notes than what I usually go for, but it isn't overpowering, or too sweet for that matter.

What is everyone else wearing this summer?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig