FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

4 Jun 2016

My May 2016 Favourites

Welcome to my May favourites! It seems ages ago that I was writing my April favourites. Goodness! Time is a peculiar thing. This post will be instead of my usual Saturday Insta - Lately post, as I am running slightly behind since it is already 4th June! Anyway, on to my favourites..

MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara

You can read my full review on it here.

NYX Lipliner Pencil 828 Ever

I think I am vastly falling in love with the whole Nyx range. It's really affordable, and the quality is really good. I have chosen this lip pencil because I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it. I am also loving the Nyx Pore Filler Primer, so if anyone wants a review on this, let me know in the comments box below.

To wear, I just apply my lip primer, line my lips and then fill in the rest. Simple. The staying power is amazing, it gives a really good matte finish, and it is just so comfortable to wear.

Sassoon Salons

I recently had my hair done at Sassoon in Liverpool, and I think it is fair to say I loved it - hence all the Instagram spam of my face recently! I was so well looked after by Isla and Adam, they really worked wonders on my hair. They were completely realistic when it came to what I wanted, and what was achievable. The atmosphere was great, and the actual products used on my hair were fabulous. I will have a full review coming soon, but it definitely deserves a place in my May favourites.

Jo Malone Nashi Blossom

I am in love with this scent, it's literally bottled springtime. It's so fresh, fragrant, and absolutely perfect for layering (Especially with Jo Malone's English Pear & Freesia.) It's not sweet or too overpowering either, which I usually don't like in a perfume. Plus the bottle is an Instagramer's dream.

YouTube: Tom & Sophie

I am literally obsessed with their channel. Relationship goals right there! I am pretty sure I will never get James anywhere near Disney in the future, so I will continue living my Disney life vicariously through Tom and Sophie.

Disney's The Jungle Book

What a film! If you haven't already seen it, I suggest you march on down to your nearest cinema now! That is, if it is still showing it of course. What amazing cinematography, and I loved the dark spin they put on it, especially King Louis who gave me the right heebie jeebies. I would love to buy this film on DVD, but I am not quite sure it will have the same effect on a smaller screen?

What are your May favourites?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I cannot wait tp watch the Jungle book! And your right that bottle is a dream x

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! Mowgli is amazing. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig