I have really struggled putting together a holiday reading list this year. I think it's because I haven't been reading much in general that I feel a bit out of the loop. I have a million paperbacks at home, but because of our limited baggage allowance I have had to make a few last minute Kindle purchases.

A Court of Mist & Fury

by Sarah J. Maas
This novel has been long anticipated. I read the first book in the series - A Court of Thorn and Roses -  last year, and I actually found myself pre-ordering this one nearly straight after finishing it. I just fell in love with the characters and the imaginative story line. It is a definite must read from me.

The Queen of the Tearling

by Erika Johansen
As you may have already guessed, I love a good fantasy novel. I love anything that really takes me away from modern day and transports me into another world. Life is grim enough than having a book remind you of your lack of perfections in life. The Queen of the Tearling is another series (Gotta love a good series) that ties everything in from historical fiction to a completely dystopian world. Perfect.

Eligible

By Curtis Sittenfeld
This has been on my list ever since I discovered its release. I actually picked up the trade paperback in the airport, save lugging around a heavy hardback. I have read one of Curtis's novels before, Prep, and really enjoyed it. Eligible is a modern day Pride & Prejudice, hence its appeal. I can't wait to tuck into this one.

Also on my 'To Read' pile is A Discovery of Witches and A Darker Shade of Magic, but I thought two fantasy novels was more than enough.

What is on everyone else's summer reading list?

Love, Jo.



I have really struggled putting together a holiday reading list this year. I think it's because I haven't been reading much in general that I feel a bit out of the loop. I have a million paperbacks at home, but because of our limited baggage allowance I have had to make a few last minute Kindle purchases.

A Court of Mist & Fury

by Sarah J. Maas
This novel has been long anticipated. I read the first book in the series - A Court of Thorn and Roses -  last year, and I actually found myself pre-ordering this one nearly straight after finishing it. I just fell in love with the characters and the imaginative story line. It is a definite must read from me.

The Queen of the Tearling

by Erika Johansen
As you may have already guessed, I love a good fantasy novel. I love anything that really takes me away from modern day and transports me into another world. Life is grim enough than having a book remind you of your lack of perfections in life. The Queen of the Tearling is another series (Gotta love a good series) that ties everything in from historical fiction to a completely dystopian world. Perfect.

Eligible

By Curtis Sittenfeld
This has been on my list ever since I discovered its release. I actually picked up the trade paperback in the airport, save lugging around a heavy hardback. I have read one of Curtis's novels before, Prep, and really enjoyed it. Eligible is a modern day Pride & Prejudice, hence its appeal. I can't wait to tuck into this one.

Also on my 'To Read' pile is A Discovery of Witches and A Darker Shade of Magic, but I thought two fantasy novels was more than enough.

What is on everyone else's summer reading list?

Love, Jo.



2 comments

  1. Also a big fantasy fan, so adding these to my own list! Been meaning to read A Court of Thorns and Roses for ages so I think it's time I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I absolutely loved A Court of Thorn and Roses. Just finished the 2nd one.. It was a bit more 'risqué' but I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page