3 Jun 2016

10 Things That Make Me Happy

I think sometimes we all need that little reminder of the things that genuinely make us happy. You know, life can be tough as old boots sometimes. Obviously, the things that make me happy are a bit more far reaching than the ones listed, but indulge me!

01. Fresh Flowers


As you may know from reading my interiors post I absolutely adore fresh flowers, they just seem to brighten up and breath life into any room. I also love gardening, my retired, granny self shines through on some occaisons.

02. Travelling


I love travelling. My to - travel list is ever increasing (I may as well just add Santorini, Antigua and the Florida Keys to my wanderlust now) I guess I just thrive on learning about different cultures, experiencing different food and wine, and just generally living life under a slightly different umbrella! 

03. Beethoven


Ok, bit of a random one, but I am sure I am not the only one who still has a cuddly toy from their youth? Yes? Good! I got Beethoven from Busch Gardens in Florida when I was 8 years old, and I think it's fair to say it was love at first sight. I was absolutely enamoured with all the Beethoven films and desperately wanted a St. Bernard of my own despite the slobber. Alas, I never got one, and this cuddly critter was my only alternative. I love him all the same though, and he never fails to bring a smile to my face.

04. My Cat


My little Chou as I like to call him (It's French for sweetheart, I believe) I don't know where I would be without my little bundle of fur trouble. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old, and he could sit in the palm of my hand. I think it's fair to say I have become quite fond of him.

05. Shopping


Doesn't shopping make every girl happy? A new lipstick here, a blusher there. I don't even have to be buying anything expensive. I am chuffed to bits when I purchase a bag of Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons.. The giant ones of course.

06. Pizza.. Or Just Food In General


My dish of choice is usually pizza with coleslaw, olives and a starter of Italian meats.. Oh my. Just the thought of it makes me hungry. I think my favourite pizza topping is feta cheese, olives, peppers and onions. Yum! Ice-cream also makes me very happy.

07. Pamper Evenings


Nothing puts me in a better mood than a fresh mani and a Lush face mask. Just saying. But honestly, I really do take the stance that there is nothing in this world that a steaming hot shower can't fix.

08. Baking


This only applies if whatever I am baking turns out right.. I just find the whole process quite therapeutic and then completely nerve wracking when you get the finished product out of the oven. It's an absolute rollercoaster of emotions, what can I say?


09. My Boyfriend

I think I would be shot if I didn't mention this fella. I might even get a bit of nudge to the ribs as the cat is at number four. Now is the time to mention that these obviously aren't in any other.. Anyway, even though he has a penchant for leaving his clothes all over the place, never does the dishes without having to be asked, and doesn't know how to use the washing machine, I still love him..

10. Being Organised


Having a plan is definitely up there when it comes to being happy for me. I don't know about you but I always have a mental to-do list going on in my head, and I love that feeling of accomplishment when I can mentally tick off all the things I have done.


What 10 things make you happy?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Totally agree with all of these! And don't worry, my boyfriend is exactly the same! Sophie x

    https://stylestarsandsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a nightmare sometimes, aren't they!! X

      Delete
  2. Shopping, my favourite foods and travelling definitely all make me happy as well! In fact, I find I'm usually the happiest when I'm travelling.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. I love to travel more than anything. Not just because I am in Italy right now, but I think here is my absolute favourite!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig