FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

1 May 2016

The Liebster Award


Firstly, I would like to thank the lovely Fern from Roses for a Sunday for nominating me. I was absolutely delighted that she thought of Flourish & Blotting when nominating. Any platform that highlights new bloggers gets a definite yes from me. As you may, or may not know, it is so hard to become established in an already very established blogosphere.

So, now the speeches are over it's on to the questions..

Why did you begin blogging?
Well, I was made redundant from my last job, and whilst looking for something else to do I desperately needed something to keep the cobwebs at bay. I have always loved writing, so it just kind of made sense.

What inspired your blog name?
I am a massive, MASSIVE Harry Potter fan. I also adore books, and I loved how I could kind of manipulate the name into fitting in with the subject matter of the majority of my blog.

What are your top 3 tips for starting a blog?
I wrote a post on starting a blog here. I think my top 3 tips would be to pick an identity and stick to it, bone up on your photography skills, and be personable. All of my favourite blogs are written by people I would love to be friends with in real life. Whether they would like to be friends with me, is another matter!

Which app do you use the most?
Probably Instagram. I am literally obsessed.

Name a female icon/role model who inspires you?
This is such a tough one. I don't really have one? I admire so many people, I don't think I could pick just one. Maybe Beatrix Potter? She wrote books in the face of adversity and left behind an amazing legacy.

What is your favourite city, and why?
I was going to go with New York. Obvious choice, I know. But I then thought about it a little more, and remembered how much I absolutely adored Amsterdam. I loved the atmosphere, the culture, and the shops, of course.

Do you have a signature dish?
I make really good potato skins. Granted, they aren't hard. I like experimenting with different fillings too. I am more of a baker though. My signature cake is definitely a banana loaf.

What is your favourite way to spend a Sunday?
I love going for a walk in the Lake District. We usually take a picnic and choose a walk out of the many walking books we have been gifted over the past few Christmases. Weather dependant, of course! If it's blowing a hooly, I much prefer a day spent reading, blogging and baking.

Have you an all time favourite beauty product?
That's such a hard one. I am always altering my beauty routine to fit new products in or include old favourites. I think it has to be Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation. There is just no beating it for coverage and wearability.

Your top 3 Instagram accounts to follow
rvk_loves for utter interiors jealousy. 
frassyaudrey for the absolute personification of style and passion.
Cinderellly because I love how Claire manages to incorporate Disney magic into every day life.

Rules for the Liebster Award:

Acknowledge and thank the blogger who nominated you;
Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog;
Answer the 10 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you;
Nominate 10 bloggers who you think deserve the award;
Let the bloggers know you nominated them;
Give them 10 questions to answer.

My Nominations:

Coming Soon

I am still on the lookout for new blogs. If you have a new blog and want to be nominated, leave your link in the comments below so I can have a nosey!

My Questions:

01. What has been your favourite post to write so far?
02. Do you prefer the country or the city?
03. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
04. Why/how did you start blogging?
05. What 3 things would you take with you on a desert island?
06. Where is your dream holiday destination?
07. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be?
08. What are your 2016 blogging goals?
09. Who was the first blogger you ever followed?
10. Name 3 of your favourite tweeters.

Hope you all enjoyed reading this.
Love, Jo.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Congrats on the Liebster award! Harry Potter is amazing - and you've done a great job with the subliminal blog name.. I had no idea it related to HP! Amsterdam would be a gorgeous place to visit!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Amsterdam is an amazing place, if you haven't been it's definitely one for the wanderlust list!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig