I have finally gotten around to writing my third, and final Lake District Diaries. If you haven't already read my other two, they can be found here and here. This final instalment covers days 5, 6 and our leaving day. To say I was sorry to leave would be an absolute understatement. We were so lucky with the weather, and had the most amazing time.

On Thursday we had to walk into Bowness because the car wouldn't start again. That's the problem with having a car, sometimes they don't work! Basically the battery needed replacing even before we left, but we thought we would chance it and possible sort it out when we got home. That was unfortunately not the case! 

Anyway, we had always planned to walk into Bowness just because it was quite a nice walk, and cheaper on foot for the ferry. On the way we stopped by the Claife Viewing Station which is owned by the National Trust. The view was lovely, and they had the cutest little cafe.

When we got over the water we did a bit of shopping. I picked up a necklace from Pandora, and the cutest little dish from Poppi Red to put it in.  We also had an ice-cream by the lakeside, well, it would have been rude not to! On a more boring, and non haulable note, I also picked up a car jump starter..

In the evening we drove, yes drove, over to Windermere where we met up with a couple of friends we made on our recent trip to Andorra and I got to walk their whippet, Ted. What an absolute babe. I have definitely chosen my future dog breed right there. We ended up walking around Elleray Woods, and the view at the top was spectacular.

On Friday I felt a bit tired and ill. I think it was the holiday blues setting in early as we were leaving the next day. We did set out to do a couple of walks, but in the end decided against it, so we made a quick trip to the Apple Pie Shop in Ambleside and then spent the day watching TV, reading and blogging (well, that was just me). Just generally a nice chilled out day.

On Saturday we had to leave by 10am, but on the way home we made sure we stopped off at Low Sizergh Barn. We had a tasty full English and a nose around the amazing farm shop. If left alone, I probably would have bought it all!

And that's it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below, and watch out for the Italy and London Diaries coming to Flourish & Blotting in June.

Love, Jo.



I have finally gotten around to writing my third, and final Lake District Diaries. If you haven't already read my other two, they can be found here and here. This final instalment covers days 5, 6 and our leaving day. To say I was sorry to leave would be an absolute understatement. We were so lucky with the weather, and had the most amazing time.

On Thursday we had to walk into Bowness because the car wouldn't start again. That's the problem with having a car, sometimes they don't work! Basically the battery needed replacing even before we left, but we thought we would chance it and possible sort it out when we got home. That was unfortunately not the case! 

Anyway, we had always planned to walk into Bowness just because it was quite a nice walk, and cheaper on foot for the ferry. On the way we stopped by the Claife Viewing Station which is owned by the National Trust. The view was lovely, and they had the cutest little cafe.

When we got over the water we did a bit of shopping. I picked up a necklace from Pandora, and the cutest little dish from Poppi Red to put it in.  We also had an ice-cream by the lakeside, well, it would have been rude not to! On a more boring, and non haulable note, I also picked up a car jump starter..

In the evening we drove, yes drove, over to Windermere where we met up with a couple of friends we made on our recent trip to Andorra and I got to walk their whippet, Ted. What an absolute babe. I have definitely chosen my future dog breed right there. We ended up walking around Elleray Woods, and the view at the top was spectacular.

On Friday I felt a bit tired and ill. I think it was the holiday blues setting in early as we were leaving the next day. We did set out to do a couple of walks, but in the end decided against it, so we made a quick trip to the Apple Pie Shop in Ambleside and then spent the day watching TV, reading and blogging (well, that was just me). Just generally a nice chilled out day.

On Saturday we had to leave by 10am, but on the way home we made sure we stopped off at Low Sizergh Barn. We had a tasty full English and a nose around the amazing farm shop. If left alone, I probably would have bought it all!

And that's it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below, and watch out for the Italy and London Diaries coming to Flourish & Blotting in June.

Love, Jo.



2 comments

  1. Sounds like such a lovely getaway and how gorgeous is your Pandora necklace, love it! x

    Beauty with charm | Benefit Cheekathon Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely break. I would highly recommend a self catering Lake District cottage getaway, even with the lack of wifi! x

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page