25 May 2016

Reviewed: MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara

I am going to try and post more beauty reviews, possibly on a more weekly basis. If you are a brand wanting to work with me, all my contact details can be found here. This week I am writing about MAC's False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara.

I chose this mascara as a bonus sample when I purchased the MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Pressed Finishing Powder and I am so glad I did. I mean, how hard it is to find a decent mascara nowadays?!

It applies like a dream, and really elongates the lashes even after just one sweep. I honestly didn't have any expectations when it came to this mascara, but it really made a dramatic difference to my lashes.

With little to none lash preparation beforehand, it separates the lashes and coats them evenly, even when I am haphazardly applying it at like, 6am!

It creates such a dramatic effect, and the colour is just so pigmented. I usually only coat my lashes once or twice for my day to day makeup look, but it builds really nicely if you were going for a more sultry, evening look.

I usually prefer plastic applicator brushes like the one found on Benefit's Roller Lash (I have a lot of love for that mascara too), but the MAC False Lashes Extreme Black has converted me. 

It has amazing staying power, doesn't budge, or smudge, and lasts me all day with no reapplication or top up. It's not a waterproof mascara because I am not really a fan of them, but removal was easy with just a bit of Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and Skin Boosting Tonic.

It is quite a pricey mascara, obviously MAC not being one of your high street brands, but I think I will definitely be purchasing the full sized product as soon as I have run out of this one.

Has anyone else tried this mascara? What did you think?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've always been sceptical about trying this but thanks, I might have to give it a go! :)

    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too. If you are still a bit unsure, and you know a definite product from MAC that you need you can order it online and still get this mascara as a free sample x

      Delete
  2. Oooh this sounds really good! I'm in the market for a new mascara, and I really hate ones that smudge!! Lovely pics too :)
    Rebecca xx
    - www.thestyleshake.com -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this mascara, it definitely doesn't slip during the day. I have even had an afternoon nap wearing it and it was fine! And I'm definitely showing my age when I admit to afternoon napping... x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig