FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

25 Apr 2016

The Weekly Edit #8

Why is it a week off on holiday goes by doubly quick than any normal week? How is that even fair? I think by this statement you can be assured that I had the nicest week off last week. We were truly blessed with the weather, and where we stayed was absolutely perfect. Anyway, enough of the gushing as I will be writing some diary style blog posts this week about our time in the Lake District.

Here is what I have been loving/doing this week;

01.  What an amazing week for food. We catered for ourselves for the majority of our holiday, but a trip to the Lake District isn't complete without a visit to The Apple Pie Shop in Ambleside.  I ate at least 4 hot cross buns from there. Delicious.

02. I am currently writing a couple of travel posts for  Flourish & Blotting. Fingers crossed they will be up this week sometime. I seem to be really struggling to find the time at the minute, and a lot of my posts are being written the day before I publish them, which is pretty stressful.

03. I have been wearing a lot of sports clothes this week, and in particular walking clothes. Obvs. Take note; It is so important to be wearing the right stuff (shoes especially!) when you are doing any rigorous activity for a prolonged amount of time.

04. I am really loving my new necklace. I picked this out from Pandora as a holiday treat, and as a well deserved 'Good Job!' for climbing Hellvelyn.

05. This week I have been reading Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. It is the sequel to Red Queen, and I have been looking forward to this novel since last year! If you haven't read it yet, you really must. It is similar, in ways, to A Court of Thorn and Roses.

06.  I have been listening to pretty much everything by Prince. Unfortunately I can't say my favourite song by him is anything unique, but it has to be The Most Beautiful Girl in the World.

07. I have been watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt again. If you want something completely feel good, then this TV Programme is for you. The 2nd season has just been released on Netflix too, perfect for binge watching.

08. I really want a few more days off! You know that feeling of needing another holiday straight after returning from one? At least our trip to Italy isn't far off!

09. I am planning my next big hill climb. After conquering Hellvelyn (along Striding Edge may I say!) I am thinking Scafell Pike at some point in the near future.

10. I've been feeling very well exercised this week and completely at ease. I really didn't want to leave the Lake District. I definitely think the country life is for me and James in the future, especially the keeping chickens part.

Well, that's it for another Edit. How was your week?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig