With Easter this weekend I thought I would do my own, more indulgent, version of the classic cornflake cake.  I know what you're thinking, why fix something that wasn't broken in the first place? But just try them, they are beyond delicious.

Obviously the quantities can be adjusted to accommodate more cakes.

Ingredients:


200g Milk Chocolate
2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
50g Butter
75g Cornflakes
5/6 Crushed Digestive Biscuits
Handful of Mini Marshmallows
Handful of Raisons (optional)
1 Packet of Cadbury's Mini Eggs


Method


Line a 12 hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.

Melt the chocolate (I used Cadbury's in this instance), golden syrup and butter in the microwave, or over the hob, making sure not to burn it.

Stir the mixture until smooth and allow to cool for a couple of minutes while you do the rest.

Prepare the cornflakes, marshmallows and digestive biscuits in a separate bowl. I just crushed my biscuit with my hand into quite big chunks.

Pour over the chocolate and stir slowly making sure everything is evenly coated.

Divide the mixture between the paper cases, and press as many mini eggs as you can possibly fit into the centre of each cake...

Proceed to lick the bowl clean, and save some money on your washing up liquid.

Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until you can't resist any longer. Wait, I meant to say until completely set.

Has anyone else made something similar?

Love, Jo.



With Easter this weekend I thought I would do my own, more indulgent, version of the classic cornflake cake.  I know what you're thinking, why fix something that wasn't broken in the first place? But just try them, they are beyond delicious.

Obviously the quantities can be adjusted to accommodate more cakes.

Ingredients:


200g Milk Chocolate
2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
50g Butter
75g Cornflakes
5/6 Crushed Digestive Biscuits
Handful of Mini Marshmallows
Handful of Raisons (optional)
1 Packet of Cadbury's Mini Eggs


Method


Line a 12 hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.

Melt the chocolate (I used Cadbury's in this instance), golden syrup and butter in the microwave, or over the hob, making sure not to burn it.

Stir the mixture until smooth and allow to cool for a couple of minutes while you do the rest.

Prepare the cornflakes, marshmallows and digestive biscuits in a separate bowl. I just crushed my biscuit with my hand into quite big chunks.

Pour over the chocolate and stir slowly making sure everything is evenly coated.

Divide the mixture between the paper cases, and press as many mini eggs as you can possibly fit into the centre of each cake...

Proceed to lick the bowl clean, and save some money on your washing up liquid.

Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until you can't resist any longer. Wait, I meant to say until completely set.

Has anyone else made something similar?

Love, Jo.



4 comments

  1. These look and sound so yummy 😋 Such a simple yet cute idea x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so simple. I felt like a kid again whilst I was making them!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They really are, and perfect for using up any left over Easter chocolate x

      Delete

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page